As a soon-to-be former journalism grad, I actually cannot wait for Anchorman 2 to come out. Like the true loser that I am, I’ve watched the first film countless of times to prepare myself for my TV news class. So forget Anderson Cooper, Ron Burgundy is my anchorman hero.
While Will Ferrell told the Huffington Post that they won’t start shooting the sequel until February, they plan to release the teaser before The Dictator. So, to my pleasant surprise, someone has graciously bootlegged this new teaser for all the world to see (well, until the studios take them down).
Watch below to see the greatest news team reassemble.
Sacha Baron Cohen will apparently do anything to sell tickets for his new movie The Dictator. Including murder. Dressed as his character Admiral General Aladeen, he was seen “killing” Italian actress Elisabetta Canalis in Cannes.
It was all fun and games at first and it looked like the duo were just fooling around. He showed her his goods and she took photos with her digital camera. The next thing you know, she disappears and the General throws a body bag into the water from his yacht. It’s unclear whether the act was revenge for her kicking him in the nuts or if it was even her in the body bag. Either way, the pictures are irrefutable proof.
With all these publicity stunts I feel like I’ve already seen the movie. Sometimes they’re hilarious but save something for the screen won’t you?
Sacha Baron Cohen stopped by Australia’s Today show as General Aladeen and offended pretty much everyone. Then we talk about romantic promposals and finish with a video that sums up what NOT to do at prom.
Sacha Baron Cohen stopped by Australia’s Today show to coerce you into seeing “The Dictator” and also talk about hot button topics like Rihanna, Mel Gibson and Ryan Seacrest.
Here are a few things I learned:
1) Mel Gibson is now the head of the Republic of Wadiya’s Department for Race Relations and on the board for the Museum of Intolerance.
2) Aladeen has paid for sex with Rihanna so many times that he would have had enough air miles to fly him around the world 10 times first class.
3) Reporters are terrified to comment on anything lest it backlash on them. Instead of joking around, they answer with suppressed laughs that sound like awkward exhales of air. This reporter/interviewee relationship unintentionally reflects the relationship between media and tyrants. Deep.
4) Aladeen has 25 female virgin guards. “I check their virginity every night with the head of my penis.” Though he goes too far with this one: the first rule of a politician is they should only harass female staff because they only cry, whereas guys will always talk.
5) The infidel Ryan Seacrest is used to having Asian men all over his chest so it wasn’t such a big deal when Kim Jong-il’s was all spilled all over him.
Watch it here:
It’s red carpet moments like these that make me cringe but it’s also partly why I watch. Midway through his interview with Ryan Seacrest,
Sacha Baron Cohen the Dictator spilled sand “Kim Jong-Il’s” ashes on the E! host.
Ryan Seacrest did not look impressed and who can blame him? The guy is just doing his job and WHOP! There we go, ashes all over the expensive suit. Security immediately escorted the actor away from the interview but his plan worked because the next few celebrities who saw Ryan’s suit and the leftover ashes couldn’t stop asking questions.
The stunt doesn’t make me want to see his movie more, it just makes me more intrigued to see what epic publicity stunt he’ll come up with next.
The incredibly funny and talented Sacha Baron Cohen has made two feature films based off of his characters on Da Ali G Show. Now, he’s back for a third film, only this time it’s an original character.
In “The Dictator”, Cohen plays General Aladeen, a leader of a made-up country of the middle east. He is sent to New York City to wreck a lot of havoc. This havoc includes forcing President Obama to demand his resignation, shooting others in the foot while running a race and paying to sleep with Megan Fox.
“A ruby? Is this some kind of a joke?” Megan asks. “What am I, a Kardashian?”
“No, you’re much less hairy!” Cohen’s character says.
The Dictator won’t make its way in to theatres until May 11 next year but you can watch the hilarious and ridiculous trailer right now.