Disclaimer #1: I’m from Ottawa. Born and raised. Disclaimer #2: I love Rihanna. Ever since “Pon de Replay.” Disclaimer #3: This post about Rihanna in an Ottawa Senators jersey is me being selfish so that this moment can live forever on the interwebz. Disclaimer #4: I believe this moment is a sign from the universe that me and Rihanna are meant to be. Disclaimer #5: I will now try to work Rihanna in a Sens jersey into a meaningful and useful andPOP article.
A jersey or any other sports team apparel, whether from your fav team or not, is a classic staple in anyone’s wardrobe. The only trick is making it fashionable and working into everyday outfits—not just for game day. Sports apparel are handy items for any streetwear ensemble. Even if you’re not a sports fan, there are still ways to incorporate the trend into your look.
Now you might be saying that people wear sports jerseys all the time—which is true—and that there is nothing new to this “trend”–which is a little true too. But here’s the catch: rocking sports jerseys and sports apparel was in its heyday in 90′s hip hop and streetwear. With the emerging 90′s fashion revival, you too are seeing the big return of trendy sportswear to the masses. It’s no longer just for the diehard sports fans to rock a jersey or snapback (and don’t let those diehard sports fans discourage you from wearing their team logos). A big sign that this is true is the announcement that the iconic 90s Starter jackets are set to make their return this fall, first with the NFL line followed by the NBA collection.
The Good Old Hockey Game: Rihanna
Here is Rihanna in West Hollywood using a heritage Ottawa Sens jersey as a dress. Now I don’t recommend using a sports jersey as a dress because not everyone can pull it off, but clearly Rihanna can and beside she probably doesn’t give a fuq. Anyways, she glams up her look with nice gold accessories and and golden Tom Ford ankle cuff shoes. I like this look because it makes me want to believe that the people of Barbados are all diehard hockey fans.
Now this isn’t a slight to Montreal Canadiens fans (however, you will notice that there will be no Toronto Maple Leafs pics on this post) but this is an example of how not to wear a jersey as a dress. Nicola Roberts (one fifth of U.K. girl group Girls Aloud) actually wore this to a ‘red carpet’ event for the premiere of her reality show. This look is strictly streetwear! It’s all about context, so the posh surrounding just makes her cheap in comparison. Plus, she could have done a lot better accessorizing her outfit! Obviously this wasn’t well received in the U.K., where someone mistook this outfit to be from an American football team.
A League of Their Own: Lady Gaga Read more…
Snooki and Bow Wow made a little visit to Anderson Live this week, and graced us with their own beautiful raps. In the segment, Snooki and Bow Wow come up with raps on the spot for Anderson, who modestly denies that he himself cannot rap. Snooki, however, steals the show with her three line rap. “My name is Snooki, I like to play hooky, so give me a cookie,” she said. If I only knew that playing hooky would get my cookies back in the day.
The real star of the show is Bow Wow who raps for Anderson Cooper like nobody’s business. He even turns a simple every day sentence into a rap, blowing Cooper’s mind. I don’t know who’s cuter — Bow Wow for his adorable nature, or Anderson Cooper for his shyness.
Watch the video here:
In the world of celebrity news, there’s no shortage of hits and misses. This week, Brad Pitt donates lots of money in support of same-sex marriage and Carly Rae Jepsen gets sued for copyright infringement.
HIT: Brad Pitt donates $100,000 in support of marriage equality
Continuing on his crusade to save the world, Brad Pitt pledged to match all donations made to the Human Rights Campaign in 24 hours up to $100,000 in support of same-sex marriage. The HRC currently have ballot campaigns in the states of Maryland, Maine, Minnesota and Washington where the issue will be put to vote on Election Day. Glad to know a portion of Pitt’s rumoured $7 million Chanel No. 5 contract is going to a good place.
MISS: Carly Rae Jepsen sued over a couple of “oh OH oh’s”
According to a report by Billboard.com, Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City’s Adam Young are being sued for copyright infringement. Alabama-based singer Allyson Nichole Burnett claims that the song, “Good Time” by Jepsen and Owl City is remarkable close to her own diddy, “Ah, It’s a Love Song.” Burnett pretty much claims that the “oh, oh, oh” portions are similar in pitch sequence, melodic contour, etc. Someone’s been sippin’ on that haterade…
HIT: Stephen King surprises New Brunswick high school for Halloween
To help celebrate Halloween, Stephen King paid a surprise visit to a New Brunswick high school last Friday. Sussex Regional High School in Sussex, NB have been persuading the horror author to visit their school with parody videos, letters and King-inspired artwork. A visit from King sounds so much better than a surprise clown attack (I still refuse to read/watch King’s It. I like sleeping at night).
MISS: Star Wars Episode 7 will soon a be reality
Apparently, Disney’s $4.05 billion acquisition of Star Wars means Mouse Ears plans to release THREE MORE Star Wars film with episode 7 to come out by 2015. Wait a minute. Has no one learned from Episodes 1, 2 AND 3? ANAKIN, NO!!!
HIT: The Jersey Shore house survived Hurricane Sandy
Hurricane Sandy pretty much decimated the east coast earlier this week. Included in Sandy’s path of destruction was Snooki’s home away from home, Seaside Heights, NJ. By some miracle, the famous Jersey Shore house managed to escape Sandy’s wrath. Hey, MTV! I think it’s a sign. Maybe we need just one more season of Jersey Shore? Or at least a special. The crew could help the community clean up instead of causing drunk havoc.
MISS: Gene Hackman smacked a homeless guy
According to Sante Fe, New Mexico police, legendary actor Gene Hackman slapped a homeless guy in self-defense. The 82-year-old actor slapped the man after he called Hackman’s wife a dirty name. I mean, I know Hackman is a badass and I’m all for old time-y chivalry. But I’d rather walk away from a potential physical confrontation especially if the guy had a record of battery charges, like the man on the receiving end of Hackman’s open-handed blow. Safety first, kids.
WE ARE BELIEBERS! twitpic.com/b0uzua
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 4, 2012
Spoiler!! Katy Perry planned her Halloween costume early this year. The casual purple hoodie comprises the wardrobe element but once she gets a short brown wig, fast food (as a prop) and a wing woman to act as Selena Gomez, it’ll all come together.
Never Say Never (to attending a Justin Bieber concert even if you have the soul of a fat goth)
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) October 4, 2012
See? Take is from Lena Dunham (because she’s a genius) that Justin Bieber isn’t just for young and sprite teen girls (and Katy Perry) who all keep a poster of him on their ceiling. There’s a little Justin Bieber in everyone — even the black-cape-wearing, tattooed, wannabe goth who lives next door.
Just posted a photo instagr.am/p/QW5hJRTfej/
— Ellie Goulding (@elliegoulding) October 4, 2012
Skrillex is a very lucky man.
— Ed Sheeran (@edsheeran) October 4, 2012
Ever since we heard Ed Sheeran’s folksly cover of Britney Spears’ “Baby One More Time” we’ve been dying for him to serenade us with his sweet, sweet voice again. And Ellen always gets the luck, doesn’t she? The ginger-haired singer performed “Grade 8″ on the talk show for a select group of lucky audience members, basically telling each lady in the audience that their body is a ball point pen and their mind is his new best friend. Needless to say, they all went home and broke up with their boyfriends, professing to hunt down Ed Sheeran to MAKE HIM COMMIT.
Makeup before my crazy lashes and Bronzer ???????? instagr.am/p/QXV98Rhjv5/
— NiC0LE P0LiZZi (@snooki) October 4, 2012
There’s something different about Snooki in this photo… I guess motherhood means you just don’t have time to put on that extra layer of spider black mascara and giant falsies.
We’re in love with this new tumblr page called Mugshot Doppelganger, which takes the mugshots of some of your fave celebrities and makes them look as though they were arrested in the 1920s. Usually these Photoshop jobs come out looking wonky but these are so well done we couldn’t even guess who all the celeb were (ahem, Snooki!).
Check out Lindsay Lohan above and some of the other celebs below:
Charlie Sheen Read more…
Here we were, all worried about tequila-shot Snooki welcoming a little meatball into the world, but it looks like motherhood suits her well! Twenty-four-year-old Snooki and her fiance Jionni LaValle welcomed baby boy Lorenzo Dominic on Aug. 26.
Now we get our first photos of the soon-to-be guido, thanks to People. She told the magazine that her partying days are long gone, but I guess we won’t know exactly what’s going on until the second season of her Jersey Shore-spinoff Snooki & JWOWW, which she’s currently filming.
As for the name, Snooki and Jionni said Lorenzo was inspired by a child from Jionni’s hometown and Dominic is in honour of Snooki’s late uncle.
Look how ADORBZ they are!
Jersey Shore is
finally ending after six epic seasons. MTV confirmed that the upcoming season will be its final, meaning it’ll be the last time you can seriously indulge in conversations about hairspray, GTL, DTF and other acronyms that you never fully understood.
While we’re not particularly happy to say bon voyage to the cast (it’s a guilty pleasure) we can’t really imagine them trading beer funnels for baby bottles and going to Club Karma to hook up… with their serious, significant other.
The final season starts on Oct. 4 on MTV but there will be a commemorative retrospective on Sept. 6 called “Gym, Tan, Look Back.” Still, we’re pretty sure this won’t be the last you see of them — some will probably continue filming their spin-off shows while others will inevitably score a sausage infomercial or two.
Are you sad to see the show go or relieved you’ll never have to see The Situation’s abs ever again?
At last there will be a halt on GTL— gym, tan, laundry (unless it’s for the baby). Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi and Jionni LaValle welcomed the newest little member to the shore, their first born baby boy Lorenzo Dominic LaValle, early Sunday morning in Livingston, New Jersey.
Hopefully now that she’s a mom, she’ll be able to reinvent herself and leave behind her partying rep. Snooki has also sent out a bunch of tweets about lack of sleep, finally being able to eat egg whites and welcoming news:
MTV shared in on their excitement: “We couldn’t be happier for Nicole and Jionni on the healthy delivery of their baby boy! We look forward to Lorenzo’s first trip to the Jersey Shore and can’t wait to see his first animal print onesie.” If you know anything about Snooki, she’s obsessed with zebra and leopard print. Have you seen those girl’s slippers?
The guido fam has also been showered with love and well wishes from Jersey Shore cast mates. Yup, they’re already in talks of a baby blow out and dressing the little thing to impress:
By Jasmine Williams
It looks like the honeymoon is over for Snooki and JWoww. After returning from a less-than-stellar vacation in Cancun, reality hits the girls hard. Snooki’s wondering whether she should live with JWoww; JWoww’s wondering if she should stay with Roger; Jionni’s wondering if Snooki will make a good mother; I’m wondering if I can rock their red hair extensions. My life needs more drama in it. Obviously.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s “Snooki and JWoww.”
1. Snooki is being a great friend to JWoww, even though JWoww wasn’t really there for her. Snooki going to Spring Break, which everybody knows is a tequila-soaked hot mess, while pregnant and therefore sober, was a bad idea. Let’s just establish that fact now. But, JWoww could have made it easier by not partying and drinking every night because that’s what good friends are for. Snooki was definitely the better BFF in this episode, consoling JWoww while her boyfriend was being a real buttface to her. And speaking of Roger…
2. He definitely crossed a line. It seems that JWoww, despite being a total fox, is really insecure. Every time Roger breaks plans with her, she freaks out and starts screaming and crying. I’m sorry, but no guy wants to hang out with that girl. But, Roger isn’t helping the situation by comparing their relationship to Snooki and Jionni’s and saying that she deserves to be with her ex. That was a low blow. JWoww might have some issues, but Roger’s making it worse by being so mean to her. This relationship needs to end and soon.
3. Snooki and JWoww are incapable of being mature, anywhere. After all of the drama, the girls let off some steam at JWoww’s cooking class. Instead of being mature adults, they giggle because the pasta they roll looks like an uncircumcised penis. And then they hit each other with it. Does anybody else feel bad for the other people in the class?
Miley Cyrus retweeted a message from her long lost bun of hair. Although the bun has poor grammar, we respect that it isn’t holding hard feelings against Miley, who recently cut it off in favor of a Twiggy-esque cut. The bun even advised Miley on how to tell off haters. Message: If you’re going to tell people off, it’s always more legitimate if you include Chanel’s logo.
In fact, I don’t actually pay for therapy. Instead, I read Ed Sheeran’s tweets every morning and then repeat them 3o times over in front of the mirror as a daily affirmation.
We’re surprised Miley Cyrus let strangers babysit her dog. Has she not seen the new trailer for Seven Psychopaths?!? YELP.
Good to see Mac Miller is inspired by an extensive collection of music.
That was the day Conor Maynard retired music. After you get a sartorial compliment like this from Wiz Khalifa, you really can’t go up.
Lady Gaga Read more…
For all those people who fervently believe celebrities are in fact robots who don’t have any feelings, Jimmy Kimmel has a message for you. Pull up your pants, do some serious self reflection and STOP bullying people on Twitter. In fact, many celebrities do read your mean tweets and are hurt by them. If you insist on trolling because it’s in your genes or something, then at least use your real name.
Over the past little while, Kimmel has been rounding up celebrities like Justin Bieber, Kristen Stewart, Snooki, Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel, to read some of the mean tweets they received from the Twitterverse. Apparently Stewart was better as a boy and Snooki has a vagina as big as an ocean (unnecessary rumor control: neither of these are true).
Ultimately, I think it’s a good idea that Twitter and YouTube are encouraging people to buck up and use their real names so they can clean up the discourse. Here’s the test: if you wouldn’t post a comment with your real name, then it’s best no to post it at all!
Watch it here:
By Jasmine Williams
This week, we see the Jersey Shore roomies be less than supportive of Snooki and her little meatball, J-Woww’s dad who surprisingly looks like an English professor, and Jionni try to kick Roger in the head.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Snooki and JWoww ”Sober party of one.”
1. Ouch, J-Woww! I get the Jersey Shore cast being less than supportive about Snooki’s big news. It is Snooki after all, the girl who blacked out on the very first night back in Season 1. But J-Woww’s supposed to be her bestie. You can’t join in with the teasing, you have to back her up. But she was arguably the worst, calling Snooki “miserable” and saying that watching her makes her not want to have a kid. Ouch, I really felt for Snooks with that one.
2. The gay friends Joey: These guys were so great, but Nicole’s Joey was the best. He took one shot of Patron too many and was completely wasted. He had J-Woww spray tan his butt, hit on Roger while slurring his words, and managed to flip the couch over while still sitting on it. Also, the fact that he looks like a guido lumberjack but sounds like David Beckham is comedy gold.
3. Roger needs to get laid: I’m getting really tired of him talking about how much he doesn’t get laid/his dick/his venereal disease history. Enough already. I know he’s all about being the funny guy, but it seems that especially when he’s drunk, he’s a bit of an oversharer. And the fact that tonight, he was sitting right next to J-Woww’s father? Disrespectful. Maybe if he and J-Woww smushed a little more, he wouldn’t be so obnoxious.
By Jasmine Williams
In this week’s episode, JWoww celebrates her birthday by eating herself in cake form. Then, the girls go to a sex museum and learn that deer have threesomes and pee their pants getting scared by ninjas at a Japanese restaurant in New York City. So just a regular day.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Snooki and JWoww ”It Looks Like a Meatball.”
1. Roger’s a big bully. I know I was singing Roger’s praises last week but in this episode, I couldn’t help but feel like his so-called friendly “ball-busting” of Jionni got a little mean. He’s short, we get it. But you know that friend who always takes a joke just a tad too far? Admittedly, singing the Oompa-Loompa song, when Snooki and Jionni got in the car was funny, and yes, their kid has a very small chance of making the NBA someday. But it seemed that Roger took any and every opportunity to drive that fact home, even when Snooki was visibly upset. Not cool man.
2. JWoww knows how to bargain. As the girls are getting settled into their new home, much of this episode consisted of them going from store to store looking for fabric and wallpaper. While I’m scared of what their place is going to like, as Snooki said that she wants her room be covered in animal print and “very tacky,” I must admit that I can learn a thing or two from JWoww. A pouty face and a bat of the lashes and she brought their purchase down almost 50%. Girl’s got some skills.
In the world of celebrity news, there’s no shortage of hits and misses. This week, Anderson Cooper and Frank Ocean make some important announcements, and R. Kelly cried because of The Notebook.
HIT: Odd Future’s Frank Ocean reveals his first love was a man
The rising R&B star recently revealed that his first love was a man via Tumblr. His Odd Future mate Tyler the Creator said he was proud of Ocean on Twitter, and in reality, we all should be. Ocean works primarily in a corner of music that has often been considered homophobic. With that being said, he has tremendous amounts of courage as it’s a risky career move to reveal something that personal, but will also mean so much to loads of other people. Times are a-changing, people!
MISS: R. Kelly says “the Notebook” broke up his marriage
The R&B singer revealed in his new biography that he cried at the end of The Notebook as he realized his marriage was nowhere near as loving as Allie and Noah’s. One, I think R. Kelly is an ugly crier. I don’t know why but it’s how I imagined this moment. Two, I really hope he writes a song about this moment and calls it “Gosling + McAdams 4Ever.”
HIT: Anderson Cooper comes out, says he’s gay Read more…
By Jasmine Williams
The second episode picks up exactly where the first left off, with JWoww still attempting to process Snooki’s big news but deciding to move in anyway, despite knowing nothing about what living with a pregnant chick might entail. Or anything about what’s on the lease for that matter. Sigh.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Snooki and JWoww “Sorry Neighbours, Cause These Bitches Are Moving In.”
1. Roger is the best. Honestly, I never thought much of Roger on Jersey Shore. He just seemed like a guy who had his act together and seemed to balance Jenni’s admittedly bitchy tendencies. But so far on Snooki and J-Woww, he has truly proven himself to be a great boyfriend. Despite disagreeing with Jenni’s choices to move in with Snooki, he supports her wholeheartedly, carrying her luggage in and never getting in her way. They also have a very cute banter that’s not super lovey-dovey and nauseating but just shows how they’re on the same page with each other. And when he tried to teach her to drive manual in his truck, it was priceless. That’s trust right there.
2. But JWoww needs to calm down. Despite her tough girl attitude, JWoww definitely has some insecurity that she needs to work on. When Roger and Jionni were joking about his future bachelorette party, she was against him even going. And now the joke she made in Ep. 1 about having his dick above her fireplace doesn’t seem so funny. Relax Jenni! Roger’s a good guy and he’s not going anywhere, but he will if you try to put him on such a short leash. But maybe she’s just moody because it’s her birthday and Jionni put a ring on it before Roger did.
3. Jionni and Snooki are really, really short. Obviously that goes without saying, but this episode really drove that fact home. When Snooki had to give her fiancé a boost to help him get luggage into the back of their SUV, it was like two Smurfs… well trying, to get luggage into an SUV. And standing next to Roger and JWoww, Snooki and Jionni really do look pint-sized. But Jionni’s a good sport and laughs off Roger’s constant short jokes. And with Snooki being only 4’9”, it makes sense that she’d be with a guy that’s not too much taller than her. And it may even be a good omen for her; we all remember how Kim and Kris worked out.
By Jasmine Williams
First there was the Pauly D Project. Now, there’s the inevitable Snooki and JWoww spinoff show appropriately (albeit unoriginally) titled Snooki & JWoww. The premise? Both girls want to have one last hurrah before settling down with their respective beaus. While the first episode was pretty lackluster compared to a booze-soaked episode of Jersey Shore, having a pregnant Snooki and JWoww living under one roof will certainly be an interesting situation (no pun intended).
Here’s what I learned on the premier of Snooki and J-Woww:
1) Despite being a 24-year-old gajillionaire, Snooki still lives at home with her parents. She also doesn’t do her own laundry, cook for herself, buy groceries, and does not even know what a utility bill is let alone paid one. And J-Woww wants to move in with her why? As her boyfriend Roger pointed out, the only thing Snooki actually knows how to do is get white-girl wasted. Which something tells me doesn’t exactly get the chores done.
2) The real estate market in Jersey City kinda sucks. Besides the eye candy that was their tardy real estate agent Victor, the girls’ apartment search wasn’t much to write home about at first. With 100-year-old buildings, beds that “smell like grandmas” and creepy, shirtless next door neighbours, the first couple of place were pretty awful. But it has to get worse before it gets better, right? And by better I mean a beautiful converted firehouse that’s probably bigger than my parent’s house. Sorry, Mom and Dad, but I’m dropping out of school and becoming a reality star. Like tomorrow.
3) Reality stars don’t tell their best friends about their pregnancies and engagements right away like normal people. Read more…
Come right this way folks, follow the red velvet rope along and marvel at these photo masterpieces, portraying celebrities at their
finest drunkest. Hush young socialite, it’s okay. It happens to your dowdy, non-famous neighbour next door as much as it does to you. Unfortunately you’re more likely to be the victim of a pants-less time capsule gifted by the paparazzi than the guy with a flip-cam next door. [Source]
Check out the photos below:
Lindsay Lohan Read more…
Even though Snooki is pregnant the Situation newly sober, things don’t seem to change for the Jersey Shore crew. According to US Weekly sources, the cast were in yet another bar brawl while filming their 6th and final season for MTV. I know, colour me surprised.
While the cast was trying to have a good time at Seaside Heights’ Bamboo Bar on Friday night, a couple of drunk guys saw the camera and began taunting the girls. They then turned their attention to Vinny, Ronnie, Pauly D, and the Situation. Obviously, the drunk guys haven’t seen enough episodes to know that insulting the Jersey Shore crew results in a couple fists to the face.
The Situation, Ronnie, Pauly D, JWoww’s boyfriend Rodger, and Pauly’s friend Ryan were fighting off just about everyone, including the bouncers. Even JWoww threw a couple of punches. Vinny, who is probably the smartest and most self-aware person of the cast, kept himself out of the fray.
If you’re wondering where pregnant Snooki was, don’t fret. She wasn’t anywhere near the ruckus, and was probably at her new digs away from the Jersey Shore house.
Yikes! Looks like Snooki has been caught in an embarrassing scandal again.
While she prepares to become a mother, photos of her posing nude have now surfaced.
“Clearly these are old and personal photos that were not meant for the public,” her rep says to E! News. “It’s a shame someone decided to leak them for obvious personal gain.”
Seriously? I would have thought celebs would have known better than to take nude photos of themselves at risk of being leaked.
But seeing that this is Snooki, who has been known to act scandalous and irresponsible, this shouldn’t be very shocking news.
I sure hope she’ll tone down her behaviour once the baby arrives!
Starting the day with a little snuggle in bed… twitter.com/msleamichele/s…
— Lea Michele (@msleamichele) June 8, 2012
In her quest to become a full fledged member of the Twitterati, Lea Michele relies on the sneaky kitten strategy. She knows Internet culture can’t resist cat videos, cat photos, cat memes, cat gifs, cat…
smothered with a cold! not good !
— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) June 8, 2012
Niall Horan doesn’t just have the sniffles. He’s SMOTHERED with a cold. In these extreme cases, resort to the German remedy: deep tissue massage, chamomile tea, spiced rum and bed. We’ll do him a solid and help with the first part.
Ummm why are the bristles of my toothbrush wet? Wtf used my toothbrush while I was sleeping!?!
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) June 8, 2012