In the midst of Snooki’s rumored pregnancy and spin off show comes the trailer for Pauly D’s new reality gig The Pauly D Project. The trailer is just as we presumed, full of bros, booze, blowouts and babes. Oh, and of course lots of hairspray. Here are five things I learned from the new trailer:
1) Pauly D still lives with his dad in Rhode Island despite being (presumably) filthy rich. This makes him what is popularly known as a big bambino, or a big baby.
2) You can take the boys out of Jersey but you can’t take the Jersey out of the boys. This season they head to Las Vegas for what’s basically a prolonged version of the hangover… but instead of the hangover we just get the drunk part. We even have the girlfriend-whipped Stu in the form of Biggie (“no strip clubs, no whores”) and Pauly D’s mentor and wing man Phil in Ryan.
3) Pauly D always needs friends to make an interesting show. We’re used to him fading into the wood-paneled background of the Jersey House, watching the attention hogging behaviour of Snooki and
Mike the Situation. Pauly D’s problem riddled friends hog the spotlight once again, namely hothead Ryan who storms off in one scene.
4) Pauly D is capable of having a steady girlfriend and relatively normal job. Okay, so being a DJ isn’t the same as a fluorescent-lit cubicle but it’s still something. We also see Pauly D’s love interest in Angel, a girl he knew in high school. This season is all about
DTF DTD, down to date.
5) Cameos might be the most interesting part of the show. Pauly D signs a record deal with 50 Cent and takes the stage with Britney Spears. Sadly we see no Jersey appearances.
Watch the trailer below:
The University of Florida is apparently furious that one of their students partied on camera with the ‘Jersey Shore’ crew. The officials who run the study abroad program in Italy, where the show is being filmed, have reportedly given their student an ultimatum; stay away from the cast or be expelled.
The University of Florida sent out an email to students participating in their study abroad program in Italy, stating that “any student who does agree to participate in the filming of the show, or who signs a waiver or legal agreement of any sort with MTV, will be dismissed from the program immediately.”
The email also warned the students that any action deemed potentially embarrassing to the school “will not be tolerated.” The school threatened to contact the student’s parental units to inform them why the school would be kicking them out of the program.
TMZ spoke with Janine Sikes, UF Director of Public Affairs, who said, “Generally speaking, students may participate in activities outside their Study Abroad program as long as they meet the academic and living requirements of that program.”
I mean, if the show doesn’t mention the university at all, why does it matter? I could understand if they didn’t want the cast and crew on their campus, but what students do on their own time is none of their business.
On the plus side, though, this is probably the closest that Snookie, The Situation or DJ Pauly D will ever get to being connected with academics.