If you have a dog, you’re aware of those “puppy eyes” they give you when they’re hungry. Even though we shouldn’t, we usually cave and give them a little piece of whatever we’re eating. Now, you can give them doggie Christmas cake! It’s all thanks to a man in Japan, Naohiko Nagatani, who created a dog-friendly cake. He’s the owner of an Italian restaurant in Japan and so far the cakes are selling well. They go for about $73 each, which may seem like a lot to spend on your dog, but the best part about these cakes, is humans can eat them too.
One Step for man, err, 68,345,943,536,743 steps back for women
In Bihar, India, they have banned women from using cellphones. I’m serious. The reason for the ban? Too many females are eloping and having extramarital affairs. And clearly, banning the use of cellphones is the only way to stop it. People are protesting this outrageous ban.
Millionaire takes his Christmas wish to a San Diego Billboard
Marc Paskin, a millionaire and reality TV personality, bought this billboard ad in San Diego. It speaks for itself. This is probably one of the most shallow things I’ve ever seen, but it’s kinda funny. If I had money I would make one too. All I want for Christmas is a Jamaican boyfriend, seriously.
You can smell like pizza Read more…
This person was at a brewery party that had an amazing view of San Diego’s 2012 Big Bay Boom Firework Show. In anticipation of the 15-minute spectacle, the party turned off the lights and started adjusting their cameras. All of a sudden, ALL THE FIREWORKS went off at once in three apocalyptic-style explosions.
The show accidentally started five minutes early and went off in only 30 seconds due to a technical problem. The radio show they were listening to played the 15 second show, then 20 minutes of music before coming back and admitting “Woops, sorry, that was the show.”
TMZ reports Kristin was asked to attend the ball by Marine Jonathan Burkett via Twitter. The message said, ”Wanted to know if you want to go the the Marine Corps Ball with me in San Diego?! Would make a video but still deployed!”
Kristin quickly replied with, ”Would love to! When is it?”
The lesson here? You don’t know unless you try.
In a weird twist of celebrity co-mingling, reality TV star Tila Tequila’s NFL boyfriend Shawn Merriman was arrested yesterday, according to TMZ.
Police were called to the home of San Diego Charger’s Merriman early this morning where Tila claimed he had choked her and restrained her from leaving the apartment. Tila was taken to hospital but no injuries reported.
Merriman was taken into custody with a bail set at $58,000.
His lawyer released a statement this morning saying Tila was extremely inebriated following a birthday party at Stingareer Nightclub in San Diego and Merriman did not want her to leave the house because he felt it was unsafe.
Unless you?ve been living under an avalanche of comics in your parents basement, (and some of you probably are) you would know that tomorrow is the beginning of the grand-daddy of all comic book conventions?The San Diego Comic-Con International! This is the biggest and most thorough comic convention in the world; everything a fanboy could want is under one gigantic roof. There are so many things to see and do that a newbie to the convention experience is likely to hyperventilate, pass out and die from the all out sensory assault, so I decided to put a list together that might help you along your kid-in-a-candy-store way.
1. Bring a List- There?s no way in krypton that you?re going to be able to see and do everything even if you?re staying for the full four-day event. I suggest you do some pre-con strategizing and make a list with your top priorities at the top and your low priorities at the bottom. Also make sure you get an advance copy of the map so you can find out where all the stuff you want to do is, and get there a lot quicker.
2. Bring a digital camera and a sketch pad with pencils and pens-There is absolutely nothing worse than standing in front of your favourite superstar artist or writer, or getting a kiss from a hot celebrity guest and not having a camera. Make sure you bring it and make sure it?s digital so you don?t have to worry about the film and you can see the results of your labour immediately. However, if by the time you read this, you don?t have a camera, make sure the guy behind you in line does, and he can take the picture. Also, if it?s digital, he can email the pic to you personally and if not, it?s snail mail for you buddy. There are times, during lulls at a particular guest?s table, that if you ask really nicely, he might give you a free sketch of anything of your choosing. During those times, wouldn?t it suck if you didn?t have paper or a pencil? so bring them, and never get caught in an awkward spot.
3. See Stan ?Da Man? Lee-He makes a cameo in Fantastic Four, but there?s nothing like seeing the father of Marvel live and in person, and you can at this year?s con. Seeing Stan is more important now, than it ever was because with Will Eisner gone, Stan is the last true father of comics left, and he isn?t getting any younger.
4. The Eisner Awards-This year is the first time the Oscars of the comics industry will be without their namesake, but that doesn?t mean it still isn?t a must see event. This year?s nominations are some of the toughest competition yet, with Brian K. Vaughn (Y the Last Man, Ex Deus Machina) cleaning up in the writing department and Frank Quitely (Bite Club, WE3) showing them how it?s done in the art department. There?s also a new category for best web comic. Deus Ex Machina and Astonishing X-Men have the most nominations of any book overall.
5. Wolfman & Perez reunite for New Teen Titans 25th Anniversary-The duo behind the most popular incarnation of the Teen Titans are back in business for one weekend only. It is their grouping of the Titans that is featured on the Teen Titans cartoon show, including, Cyborg, Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Wondergirl, Kidflash and Superboy. When they first came together, DC was in a sales slump and now the titans have their own very strong title written by Geoff Johns and their own toyline. The titans have come along way, so pay your respects to the guys that gave them to us.
6. Free Exclusives-This year?s free swag includes, a Sin City ?Bloody Marv? action figure, Peanuts T-shirts, a ?Frosted Subzero? Mortal Kombat action figure and a Hellboy ?Tiki? mini-manquette. If they?re giving it away, make sure you?re taking it off their hands.
7. Go to the Panels and Demos-From how to set up your portfolio to the skinny on internet weblogs and the latest preview of what?s hot at your favourite comic book publishers. Hit as many of these as you can because they?re taught by the pros and you might learn something.
8. Bring an Empty Extra suitcase, Food, Medicine and Something to do While Waiting in line. Bring your own food because con food can be pretty scary most of the time. If you eat from the vendors, you?ll be using a lot of medicine, so guard against an upset stomach and also, make sure you?re properly hydrated. Get an empty suitcase to take home the remnants of a spending spree and play cards with your line-mates because chances are, you?re going to be with them for a while.
9. Hey, You Never Know!-Last year, the entire cast of Fantastic Four showed up to pimp the movie?s release, as well as, the cast of V for Vendetta. In the end, you can?t predict who?s going to show up at the Con and what they?re going to bring. There is a rumour that Tim Burton will be promoting Corpse Bride, so if you hear any strange announcement, get yourself over there as fast as you can.
10. Don?t Bring your Girlfriend-As much as we think thumbing through the racks with other sweaty geeks is fun, face it guys, most girls would rather hang themselves than spend time walking around with you at a Comic-Con and it doesn?t matter how many times you?ve tried to get her into comics. There is one exception to this rule, if your girl decides to enter the Masquerade Costume Contest, please for all mankind let her enter, how else are we supposed to see beautiful women in leather body suits with cat ears and star-spangled booty shorts?