One Direction’s Harry Styles has been quite the busy body since touching down in L.A. on Tuesday.
After bumping into The Mindy Project‘s star and creator Mindy Kaling earlier this week, the singer was spotted leaving dinner with none other than Rod Stewart Thursday night. Styles and the aging rocker were joined by a group of friends (including Rod’s wife, Penny Lancaster) at L.A.’s Dan Tanas restaurant.
While we hope the two had a pleasant evening together, we do hope some of the conversation turned to business. I wouldn’t mind hearing a Rod Stewart/One Direction or Harry Styles collaboration on the radio.
Rod Stewart will begin a two year residency on August 24 at Las Vegas’ Colosseum at Caesars Palace, reports Billboard.
The first 18 concerts of ‘Rod Stewart: The Hits’ will go on sale May 15. Stewart is joining Celine Dion and Elton John, who both perform at Caesars Palace as well.
Stewart says the show will be “90 percent songs that people know,” including ‘Maggie May,’ ‘The First Cut Is the Deepest’ and ‘You’re in My Heart.’ The songs were performed at the Colosseum when he played at the 4,100-seat venue in November.
“It’s a rock’n'roll show,” Stewart says. “We’ll try to give the people what they want, which are the songs that made me famous, plus a few surprises. There won’t be any magicians or midgets, just a good rock show.”
A 13-piece band will back Stewart, whose shows will be presented by AEG Live. That way, he says, “I’ve got the lineup to (make changes) — all the mandolins and guitars. We’ll throw in something from, say, ‘Gasoline Alley,’ maybe even ‘Gasoline Alley.’”
Stewart recently wrapped his Heart & Soul Tour with Stevie Nicks and is currently working on a blues album with guitarist Jeff Beck. Stewart’s contract with J Records recently expired, making him a free agent, so Stewart and Beck are recording the album without a label attached.
It seems like whenever artists need an extra kick or revival of their music career, they take up residency in Vegas. It’s a smart move, and I’m sure this will be great for Stewart’s career.
I personally think Britney Spears should think of taking up residency in Vegas. Steady hours, an extra boost to her career, and the town is all about flashy lights and over-the-top spectacles. It’s perfect for her!
Well, Rod’s going to have to stretch that heart open a little more, because the Toronto Star is reporting Stewart and his current wife Penny Lancaster have welcomed a new baby boy into their home. Their very crowded home. The baby’s name is Aiden and he has seven older brothers and sisters.
Sorry Rod, I don’t mean to hate, but holy crap. Are you really interested in raising a son at age 66? Based on simple average American life expectancy, Aiden will be at his dad’s funeral before he’s 14. Not cool, dude.
Hugh Hefner had a vasectomy, why can’t you too Rod? WHYYYYYYYYY
Wow Rod Stewart is amazing! Even though he is 65 years old, that’s not stopping Stewart from spreading his man seed. It was recently announced that he will be having another child with his wife Penny Lancaster, reports PEOPLE.
“We were thrilled and delighted to be able to tell Alastair that he was going to be the big brother to a little baby, expected just before Mummy’s 40th birthday,” the couple said.
Rod of course has 5 other children from previous marriages, in addition to a 4-year-old son, Alastair, with Lancaster.
This news from Stewart is just another achievement from the good people at Viagara. On behalf of Rod Stewart, we say “Thanks Viagara.”
Sean Stewart, the son of Rod Stewart, will not be charged with assaulting a couple during a Hollywood Hills fracas. The 27-year-old, who was accused of throwing bricks and punching a couple, had charges against him dismissed at the prosecution’s request. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephen Marcus dismissed felony charges against Sean whose case had been due to go to trial this week. Stewart denied the allegation and said he was a victim of mistaken identity.
“We always felt that, over time, the truth would always emerge, and the victims over time became less sure of the facts,” lawyer Dana Cole said.
Rod Stewart has finally divorced his second wife Rachel Hunter.
The divorce papers, which were lodged in Los Angeles Superior Court, showed that the 16-year marriage between the rocker and the supermodel was annulled on November 2 – leaving Rod free to marry his fiancée Penny Lancaster.
New Zealand-born Rachel agreed to a contribution from Rod towards a house and trust funds for their two children, daughter Renee, 14, and son Liam, 12.
Rachel, 37, has slammed Sir Paul McCartney’s estranged wife Heather Mills – who is reportedly demanding £80 million in her divorce settlement – branding her a “gold-digger”.
She told Britain’s The Sun newspaper: “It was never my intention to take Rod to the cleaners. I’d never do what Heather is doing to Paul. I’m not a
gold-digger. I earn my own money and I enjoy being independent.
“Rod and I have a good relationship now and we are glad we can move on with our lives.”
Rod, 61, and Penny, 35, celebrated the news by dining at top London restaurant Cipriani.
The couple, who have a one-year-old son Alastair, plan to marry next summer.
Rod and Rachel married in 1990 following a three-month romance. They separated in 1999 and Rachel filed for divorce in 2003, but then
withdrew the papers. Rod filed for divorce last year.