If you were wondering why #Panda was trending hardcore on Twitter last night, you probably missed one of the best moments on The X-Factor EVER. Here’s why contestant Panda ROCKS.
1. She got out of the hospital the day before auditioning because she had pneumonia. Two f*cks weren’t given about it and she wouldn’t let anything hold her back.
2. She’s in love with with Simon Cowell and we’re pretty sure she’s the only woman who could handle his “unique” personality. Demi Lovato even tweeted: “Alright…who else thinks I should get
@SimonCowell a “Single” necklace so he can match Panda?”
3. Panda’s name origin is very unique. Her mom had her while she was in jail. Her cell mate was white so they came up with the name Panda. Hm…
4. She has a spectacular old-timey voice. She got a yes from every judge (even Britney Spears).
5. Immediately following the show she had to be transported to the hospital because she overworked herself. Simon considered putting Demi in quarantaine because she hugged Panda and pneumonia is contagious. Meanwhile, all Panda worried about what Simon would think of her.
Watch her audition here:
The legendary Stevie Nicks has had to cancel a series of upcoming appearances and performances in New York City due to pneumonia, reports Perez Hilton.
The iconic musician, whose first new album in ten years is dropping on Tuesday, was scheduled to appear on the ‘Today Show’ and ‘Good Day NY’ on May 3rd. Nicks was also set to perform at a star studded event thrown in her honor by her record label at New York’s Webster Hall on May 4th, but she had to cancel both days.
Nicks was told by her doctor to “stay in bed and not fly” until she’s feeling better. Here’s her released statement:
“I want to apologize to all my fans and hope that we can reschedule and of course I hope you love the new album. It’s for you.”
Not a great start to her publicity tour, but I’m sure she’ll bounce back in no time. ‘Rolling Stone’ calls her latest album ‘In Your Dreams’ her ‘finest collection of songs since the Eighties,’ so I’m sure the album will make up for this stream of missed events. It’s so great to see such legends still doing their thing.
Canadian born actor Leslie Nielsen died today of complications related to pneumonia at a hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA reports TMZ. Nielsen was 84 years old.
Nielsen is known for his roles in “Airplane” and the “Naked Gun” franchise. He leaves two children and a wife.
Over the holidays, rapper Eminem was rushed to the hospital with pneumonia. TMZ.com, which reported his illness, also noted that 5’8″ Slim Shady has let his weight balloon to more than 200 lbs.
Now, his mother, Debbie Nelson, fears for her son’s life if he doesn’t start taking care of himself better.
The UK Sun reports that in Nelson’s new book, she reveals her son to be a deeply depressed man. Eminem, who used to be famous for his workaholic ways, has apparently been shattered by a case of writer’s block.
“He’s let his blond hair grow out so everything but the ends are dark,” Nelson said. “His face has broken out in pimples and he’s put on so much weight that he’s causing all sorts of other health problems for himself. Since childhood he’s suffered bouts of pneumonia. He’s always had throat infections and he’s asthmatic. His diet can’t help. I worry about his health all the time. He’s always had high blood pressure and his cholesterol levels must be sky high. He orders fillet steak takeout from an expensive restaurant almost every evening.”
Eminem and Nelson have been on bad terms since 2001.