If you’ve ever felt like a loser for staying in on a Saturday night, don’t worry, there’s an anthem for that. The geniuses from Pitch Perfect have come up with a Party Rock parody called the “Staying in Anthem.” The video was posted today to College Humor.
Basically, they’ve borrowed the infamous party shuffle from LMFAO and given the song a whole new meaning. Never has ordering pizza, checking tumblr and organizing cupboards looked so cool. Proof that if you get anyone dressed up like Redfoo and make them dance, it’s an instant classic.
Sadly, Kanye is not on this year’s WTF Grammy list, which has us wondering, is he taming down or saving his energy for something doubly shocking? Only time will tell. In the meantime, there were plenty of bewildering/confusing/awkward moments to tide us over.
1) No one knows who Bon Iver is. Really? This is like last year’s who the f**k is Arcade Fire moment. Bon Iver won best new artist, though he’s not exactly new on the scene. A new Twitter account has been created in recognition, called Who Is Bonnie Bear?
2) Nicki Minaj’s Grammy ensemble made her usual skin-bearing outfits look conservative. Minaj channeled her religious side, donning a red Versace Catholic-inspired robe. She had a Pope look-a-like escort her and later performed an exorcism on herself — not sure how her date felt about that part. We’re comparing this to Lady Gaga’s egg moment of last year.
3) The most ironic moment of the night goes to the Foo Fighter’s walking off the stage to LMFAO’s “Party Rock” after winning best rock performance. Grohl shouted “long live rock ‘n’ roll” as the electro pop song negated their point.
4) Coldplay got slack for his cracking voice. We all thought Adele was the one to worry about, what with her throat surgery and all, but apparently Chris Martin and Rihanna’s performance was not a favourite. Strangely, a Chipotle commercial aired right after the performance, featuring Coldplay’s music, prompting many to say the commercial represented an actual Coldplay performance. I don’t see the big deal! I don’t think his voice was that bad. Just me? Okay.
5) The Beach Boys reunion underwhelmed audiences. I hate to say it, but it kind of felt like a performance for a Florida retirement home. The California boys shared the stage with Maroon 5 and Foster the People. Foster the People has my vote as best of the three, though the band looked scared out of their minds.
LMFAO is number 1 on the Billboard chart. “Party Rock Anthem” has been number 1 for four weeks now. The boys have some pretty tough competition, but they are still holding strong. The compelete list is as follows:
1. LMFAO – “Party Rock Anthem”
2. Katy Perry – “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”
3. Pitbull – “Give Me Everything” ”
4. Nicki Minaj – “Super Bass”
5. Adele – “Rolling in the Deep
6. Lil Wayne – “How to Love”
7. Hot Chelle Rae – “Tonight Tonight”
8. Lady Gaga – “Edge of Glory
9. “OneRepublic – “Good Life”
10. Bad Meets Evil – “Lighters”