Wiz Khalifa told us about the weirdest sh*t he did on his newest album. It involved getting drunk and experimenting with volumes. “That might sound kinda trippy and sh*t but we did it,” he said “and it came out really awesome.” ANDPOP‘s Jordan Bortolotti spoke to the rapper about experimenting with drugs while recording and the state of rap.
“I want it to really be about the music and the swag and about everything that goes into the project,” he said about his newest album, O.N.I.F.C. “You gotta see what’s going on and not only be able to move forward but be able to take from past inspirations — like listening to albums that when I first got CD players, these were the albums I was going and buying. I’m at that point in my career when I really gotta define who I am and how long I’m gonna be here and those artists did that with those albums.”
In the new trailer for Breaking Dawn Part 2, we finally get a better look at the plot. Bella is now a newly turned vampire and mother to Renesmee but her entire family is in danger when the Volturi hear about her new child.
For non-Twilight fans: child vampires are strictly forbidden because they can’t control their emotions and can be manipulated to kill muchos humans.
I’m pretty dayam excited about the film, but I imagined Bella would have gone through a more drastic transformation. Admittedly that’s the main reason we were all so angry when the last film ended. They were all like, PSYCH suckers, gotta see the next film to get a glimpse of Bella as a vampire.
The film is in theatres on Nov. 16, so we still have a while to wait. In the meantime Kristen Stewart is certainly raking in the cash. It was just revealed that she’s the highest earning actress in Hollywood right now. The girl pulled in $34.5 million in a year. Chunk change.
Watch it here:
By Jasmine Williams
This episode goes to show that you don’t need a dramatic, violent ending to make a great season finale. Take that, Grey’s Anatomy! Relationships old and new are budding and all though it’s summer in the real world, this finale certainly made me feel as warm as a fluffy blanket on a cold winter’s day.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s Degrassi, “In the Cold Cold Night Part 2.”
1) With the Coyne’s coins frozen, Fiona can no longer fund the winter Frostival but doesn’t have the heart to disappoint Imogen. I feel like Imogen would understand, but what about the carnies, Principal Simpson, and the entire student body when she can’t cough up the $11,000 deposit? Something tells me, “I’m sorry, I’m broke” won’t cut it.
2) Maya’s getting ready for her audition with an indie band but I think she’s missing one major detail: the fact that she’s not even old enough to get into the venues that she would be playing? I don’t think an exposed shoulder and a bad attitude will hide her minor niner status.
3) After helping Clare out with the paper, Eli’s looking to get back into her good books. But with all of their baggage, Clare’s hesitant. And considering this is the boy who crashed his beloved car and almost killed himself last season, I’m on her side with this one. Read more…
By Jasmine Williams
We knew when Dave’s ex Jacinta showed up last week, she wouldn’t go quietly, but who could’ve predicted she’d leave on a stretcher? And Adam’s mystery date didn’t quite work out as planned but every cloud has a silver lining.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode “Smash Into You Part 2.”
1) Dave’s ex Jacinta is back to stir things up for Bandurner. When Dave tries to ditch her at the train station, she steals his phone and leaves him at a stoplight, threatening to text Alli that they’re getting back together. I guess this will teach Dave to be a little nicer the next time he gives a girl the brush-off.
2) It looks like Mo really does have a crush on Marisol, and of course Marisol is not happy. She’s freaking out at the possibility that people could even consider them a couple. Maybe she should take Drew’s advice and just get over herself already. Read more…
By Jasmine Williams
The biggest development on last night’s Degrassi: KC’s a science whiz! But I guess he’s in the gifted program. With all his jock-ness and baby mama drama, it’s easy to forget there’s a brain under his Beiber hair. Also, it’s official, Elimogen are dunzo. And I was just getting use to them! Sadness.
Anyways, here are five things I learned from “Need You Now Part 2”:
1) Imogen’s lying to Eli. And not very well either. He’s trying to be easy breezy and not jump to conclusions, but the way Imogen’s acting, I would be suspicious too. But in true Eli fashion, he goes way too far and breaks into Fiona’s house to catch Imogen “cheating.” I feel like Eli should have his own show: “How to Completely Freak Out and Alienate your Girlfriend.” He seems to be good at it.
2) Tory has to be the school mascot until Queen Marisol deems her worthy to dance with the power squad. Or finds a replacement mascot. Instead of being supportive, her boyfriend Zig laughs at her and says she smells like cheese. Real nice. Considering it was his skateboarding video that got her in that predicament in the first place.
3) KC tries to guilt Jenna into helping out with Doug (the baby formerly known as Ty) but she’s not ready to make nice with her formerly absent baby daddy. When KC stops by to help out with the baby on his own and unexpectedly, it is super awkward. The parents are off to visit family, and obviously don’t want KC getting too involved with their son. Read more…
By Jasmine Williams
Cults, grow ops and drug busts, oh my! Clare’s situation goes from bad to worse and then to okay when she makes a truce with Jake. Hopefully, we see less of the vindictive ex-girlfriend version of Clare and more of the nice nice and rational Clare from now on. However, the real cliffhanger of this episode is Fiona. Now that her two best friends are dating, where does that leave her?
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Degrassi “Not Ready To Make Nice Part 2.”
1) Clare’s new living situation isn’t making anyone happy. Her mom’s crying her eyes out and Summer’s emotionally blackmailing to stay in the cult. Then she finds out her new home is a grow op! And her new family are “herbalists” aka dealers! This girl cannot catch a break! Luckily, Jake has enough sense to tell Clare that she’s in a dangerous situation, but she still decides to stay…
2) That is until the “herb” hits the fan. Clare comes home to find Summer on her cell packing up all the plants. Something stinks and it’s not the weed. But it’s too late, the cops raid her new home and arrest Summer and her boyfriend and detain Clare and Jake, who came to save her. Luckily, she doesn’t get arrested and goes back home to live with her mom and big bro Jake.
3) For a class clown, Mo is really gullible. Connor and KC watch as Mo falls for the fake Facerange girl and agree to meet up with her at The Dot later. I know he was picking on Connor before, but after watching Mo’s face light up at the idea of a date with a pretty girl, the whole thing just seems cruel.
4) Turns out Mo isn’t such a big shot with the jocks. And when he skips an important game to meet Connor’s fake Internet girl, it basically solidifies his loser status. When Mo comes back from being stood up by his non-existent date, he and Connor come up with a genius plan to distract the opposing team and win the game. Seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship…
5) Fiona’s meddling actually works out and Eli and Imogen agree to go on a date. And it’s all sunshine and rainbows until Fiona starts crying. She plays them off as tears of joy but something tells me she’s not so happy with her handiwork.