By Jasmine Williams
In this week’s episode, we were treated to numerous ‘Elimogen’ make-out sessions, a special appearance by little baby Tyson and a smashed phone. In terms of drama, it couldn’t top last week’s illegal grow-op revelation but really, what could?
Here’s what I learned from this week’s episode “Need You Now Part 1.”
1) Eli moves fast by inviting Imogen to sleep over on the first date. She’s up for it but when his dad tells Eli he should get some sleep because of his ‘condition,’ Imogen takes off and Eli freaks out at his dad for making him look crazy in front of the new GF.
2) JC still wants to be a father, but is this good for Ty and the adoption? When he gets an invite to baby Tyson’s christening, he asks Jenna to come with but she already has a mall date with Jake (so are they official?). When she refuses, JC goes alone and finds out that baby Ty cries when he touches him and oh yeah, is now named Doug. Instead of accepting that this is part of the process, JC takes out a bunch of books on how to raise a toddler from the library.
3) Imogen understands Eli’s condition. However, she shows this by painting a big ol’ picture of Eli as the poster child for mental illness. Needless to say this doesn’t go over well. I’m sorry, but if I was diagnosed with a serious mental condition, I wouldn’t want every kid in the school to know about it either. Did she forget that they’re still in high school where kids are mean?
4) Minor Niner Tory is one lucky girl. She barely squeaks on to Power Squad when another girl sprains her ankle. But just barely; Marisol doesn’t believe she’s reliable because of her age. Unfortunately, Tory proves Marisol right when she shows up to practice late because she was helping her boyfriend shoot a skateboarding video. Not a good first impression, and now she’s the mascot. At least she’s still on the team?
5) Eli sells his dad’s guitar to buy Imogen a camera to replace the one he broke in a fit of rage over the art project. But he gets anxious when he can’t find Imogen and she doesn’t answer his phone calls, so he throws his phone against a wall. Maybe Eli should take his dad’s advice and stay out of the dating game. We all know how the last relationship ended.
By Jasmine Williams
Clare is a ticking time-bomb as her family situation grows more and more unbearable. She’s livingwith her ex-boyfriend, and that must be beyond uncomfortable — especially when you’re not over him.
But honestly, I think home-girl needs to relax. While her situation is pretty awful, I don’t think the hostility or all those public outbursts are needed, and it prevents me from having real sympathy for her. Can you imagine going to school with someone like that? Maybe try channeling all that aggression into focusing on school and moving on from Jake instead of calling out your friends in homeroom, Clare.
Anyway, here are five things I learned on this week’s episode of Degrassi, “Not Ready to Make Nice Pt 1.”
1) Jenna “always-gets-her-man” Middleton set her sights on another Degrassi hottie. And another one of Clare’s ex-boyfriends. Once a backstabbing boy stealer…? The situation gets even more “awkweird” when Jenna is invited to her step-brother/ex Jake’s birthday party.
2) Who knew that underneath those lab goggles, Connor can play a mean football game? But his Asperger’s is getting in the way of him adjusting to this particular peer group. Hopefully his mad skills begin to speak for themselves. Also, is it just me or did Connor get way buff? Summer does a body good.
3) Fiona has a crush on Imogen… and she plans to make her feelings less obvious by hooking her up with former crush Eli, who is also still into Imogen. Doesn’t Fiona realize that she gets the seriously short end of the stick in this scenario? Nothing’s worse than having your two best friends date, especially when you have a thing for one of them.
4) According to Connor, 37 percent of relationships that begin online are successful. And it looks like he’s going to use that knowledge to play a mean prank on Mo who has been picking on him. This guy designs apps; I’m a little worried if he’s starting to use his powers for evil.
5) Clare has nowhere to go between living with her ex and her ex’s dad and moving in with her dad and his marriage-wrecker girlfriend. So she moves in with a woman who sells vampire romance fiction and runs a pseudo-shelter for homeless teens. An admirable cause, but the fact that Clare has to ditch her cellphone to stay sounds more like a cult to me.
The Breaking Dawn soundtrack has been revealed. We already knew about Bruno Mars, but some surprises were added to the list.
The full track list for ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1′ soundtrack:
» The Joy Formidable, “Endtapes”
» Angus & Julia Stone, “Love Will Take You”
» Bruno Mars, “It Will Rain”
» Sleeping at Last, “Turning Page”
» The Features, “From Now On”
» Christina Perri, “A Thousand Years”
» Theophilus London, “Neighbors”
» The Belle Brigade, “I Didn’t Mean It”
» Noisettes, “Sister Rosetta (2011 Version)”
» Cider Sky, “Northern Lights”
» Iron & Wine, “Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)”
» Imperial Mammoth, “Requiem on Water”
» Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz, “Cold”
» Mia Maestro, “Llovera”
» Carter Burwell, “Love Death Rebirth”
We’re sure you’ve all been counting down the days until the next Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn Part 1 opens in theatres (November 18th for those not in the know). Well, it looks like the people over at Summit Entertainment have decided to reward the patience of Twihards everywhere with an exclusive snap of Edward and Bella – canoodling in bed!
Actors Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart bear all in the next installment as their on-screen counterparts finally tie the knot and have an emotional honeymoon filled with long walks on the beach, staring deeply into each other’s eyes, and lots and lots of beautiful, respectful intercourse.