Last night was pretty huge for Justin Bieber. Along with converting a bunch of rowdy Grey Cup fans into Beliebers, his big interview aired on Oprah’s Next Chapter.
Justin and Oprah went on a romantic, fireside date for two, snacking on french fries at Chicago’s Ralph Lauren Restaurant. Smitten fans waited outside the restaurant and he gave them a private performance after the interview.
We learned a lot during last night’s interview. How many things did you already know?
31 things we learned about Justin
1. Justin is the most googled person on the planet.
2. He’s also the most watched person on YouTube with 3 billion views. Bieber’s “Baby” was the most watched video of all time until Psy’s “‘Gangnam Style” knocked him down a notch… but it’s all in the Scooter Braun family anyway.
3. Justin’s favourite dinner is T.G.I. Friday’s because the steak is ridiculous.
4. Bieber has the maturity stamp of approval… from Oprah at least.
5. He had never been on a plane or outside of Canada before he got the call from Usher and Scooter.
6. Bieber knows he has nice hair. He told Oprah he got tired of the iconic “swoop” after all the other guys copied him.
7. Bieber gets lonely just like everyone else. When Oprah asked “why” he just said “because I’m human.” Oprah tweeted:
8. Oprah’s favourite part of the Believe tour was “One Less Lonely Girl.” The host was supposed to be the One Less Lonely Girl but gave her spot up to a deserving fan. She held the squealing girl’s hand as she went onstage to be serenaded.
9. Justin admitted he gets swept up by the limelight sometimes but knows he can’t get sucked in too much or else he could “crack-up” like some other teen heartthrobs. Read more…
Sooo the room may not have exploded, but Oprah + Justin Bieber = sizzling details about young love. When the two got together to chat for an episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter, JBiebs talked about his girlfriend Selena Gomez. According to Justin, although it’s hard for him and his gf to travel together with screaming fans around, he tries to be around Selena whenever he can. How thoughtful.
As a side note, the video also shows Oprah and Justin enjoying a nice candle lit dinner together, followed by a shopping trip. The room may not have exploded, but my mind just did.
You wouldn’t tell from looking at Fergie now, but in 2001 she was broke and addicted to crystal meth. “I got into a scene,” she says in a clip from Oprah’s Next Chapter. “I started going out and taking ecstasy. From ecstasy it went to crystal meth. With any drugs, everything is great at the beginning, and then slowly your life starts to spiral down.”
She hit rock bottom after her girl group Wild Orchid was dropped from their record label and was living in an alternate reality. One day, she hid in a church because she was convinced the FBI was following her. There, she made a deal with herself: if she went outside and there was no major conspiracy afoot, she knew it was the effect of the drugs. When she bucked up the courage to go outside and realized it was all paranoia, she followed through on her promise. She started therapy, did a lot of soul searching and quit after a year of drug abuse.
Her journey makes her rise to multiplatinum recording artist with the Black Eyed Peas even more inspiring. We haven’t seen her for a little while because she’s been taking a break to have kids with hubby Josh Duhamel, but you’ll be able to see her on Oct. 28, at 10 pm on OWN’s Oprah Next Chapter.
Neil Patrick Harris continues to show off how insanely perfect his life is as he and partner David Burka open their home to Oprah Winfrey. Along with giving Oprah a tour, they also introduce her to their precious twins, Harper and Gideon.
Both children are biologically theirs. The twins were conceived by “two eggs, two embryos, one of mine, one of his,” Burka explained. They found the egg donor through an anonymous egg bank, but had a different surrogate mother.
Gideon appears to be the shy twin as he turns away from Oprah upon meeting her. Don’t worry kid, I’d be cowering in a corner if I met the grandpoohbah too. She’s quite an impressive lady.
Watch a clip from Oprah’s interview below:
Oprah is laying the groundwork for an evening show on her own network – OWN. The show is called ‘Oprah’s Next Chapter’ and will being sometime in 2011.
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, she explains “I’m going to take viewers with me, going to take celebrities I want to interview with me.” Full details of the show will be announced later today.