This week, the McKinley kids celebrate Britney Spears for the second time, while Rachel continues struggling to prove herself to Cassandra July at NYADA.
Here’s what you need to know from last night’s episode, “Britney 2.0.”
1. It’s Britney week at McKinley — Brittany is in a funk, so the glee kids decide to inspire her by devoting another week to her idol Britney Spears. Unfortunately, the only thing their tribute inspires is a hilarious Britney-esque meltdown from Brittany, which she stages as a way to pay tribute to the pop princess. The whole thing leaves me feeling sorry for Brittany, who is clearly lost without Santana.
2. Rachel’s not sexy — After her bitch of a dance instructor Cassandra lets her know she has zero sex appeal, Rachel attempts to prove her wrong with a performance of the classic “Oops I Did it Again.” She holds her own, but when it comes to sexy, nobody beats Britney Spears in her iconic red jumpsuit.
3. Marley’s crushing on the other Puckerman — The newest glee star and daughter of the lunch lady finds herself falling for McKinley’s newest hottie, Jake Puckerman. All the girls want a piece of him, including me (everyone loves a bad boy, right?). He shows a softer side by sticking up for her mom in the cafeteria, but she later finds out he’s dating another girl. Jake may be playing the field right now, but the chemistry between these two is undeniable.
4. Jake is officially a gleek — Read more…
We all knew attention-whore Rachel would end up lost when she started studying at NYC’s Nyada. That’s what happens to big fish in little ponds — once they move to the ocean there’s way more competition. I was expecting the Fame-esque storyline from Glee and the promo confirms they’re going in this direction, but the new season looks 10 times better than I thought it would be because Kate freaking Hudson plays a witch of a Dance 101 instructor at the academy.
While the freshman dance in leotards around her, she confidently struts across the classroom pointing out their flaws and encouraging them to embrace body dysmorphia. It looks like she’s not a fan of her students, especially Rachel, who she insists has a stuck up attitude.
It’s true though! Rachel is pretty stuck up and if there’s one thing I want from her this season, it’s to be torn apart and built back up again as a less annoying prototype of herself.
Watch the promo for season 4 here:
By Melissa Novacaska
It was only the season finale, but last night’s Glee felt more like the end of an era, which inevitably brought on the waterworks. All the senior members of glee graduated and gabbed about their future plans by the lockers.
Quinn, and Mike are heading to college, Mercedes is moving to California where she’ll be a background singer and Santana will pursue her dreams in NYC. We’re not sure what Puck and Kurt will do yet. Kurt sadly doesn’t make NYADA and Puck, well, he’s a graduate so that’s something. But what struck a chord for most viewers (trust me I checked Twitter) was the final few minutes of this tearful episode, better known as Rachel and Finn’s surprising breakup.
With all the laughter, tears, twists and turns, here’s what I learned from last night’s episode “Goodbye.”
1) Rachel and Finn are over, or are they really? Rachel receives her acceptance to NYADA (told you!) but Kurt doesn’t get in, and Finn also receives a blunt rejection letter from James Lipton’s Actor’s Studio Drama School. This has got to be one of the biggest upsets, or at least for Kurt! I had a feeling Finn wouldn’t make it — not that he isn’t talented — but it just seems more natural for Ryan Murphy to create some drama for Finn and Rachel. However, breaking up the pair wasn’t what anyone had in mind, or at least I wasn’t on that bandwagon. Read more…
By Melissa Novacaska
Between Rachel and Kurt’s NYADA audition, the truth behind Beiste’s shiner and Puck’s love/hate relationship with his future (that’s gone on for too long), this week’s episode was a whirlwind of emotions. It’s about time more “real” drama unfolded at McKinley High and sh**t finally got resolved — or did it? Oh and did I mention Whoopi Goldberg made an appearance and NeNe Leakes from The Real Housewives of Atlanta returned. You’ve got to appreciate someone who can challenge Sue with insults.
Here’s what I gasped about from last night’s episode, “Choke.” Oh, and please keep your tears for the end.
1) Nobody really knows what goes on behind closed doors. After Coach Beiste is spotted with a black eye and Santana suggests she was beaten by her husband, Coach Roz (Leakes) along with Sue, take matters into their own hands. They make the female Gleeks sing a song about female empowerment as an apology to Beiste.
Their first attempt with Chicago’s “Cell Block Tango” was not a hit, but Florence + The Machine’s “Shake It Out” was a win. It was shocking to hear Beiste speak the truth and admit how she didn’t get punched working out, but indeed by her husband. What made me even more emotional was how she really never left him, since she feels he’s the only man who’ll ever “love” her. I’m sure there’s someone out there for this physically and mentally strong meaningful woman.
2) Rachel choked! She actually messed up her audition for NYADA. She’s been ready her whole life (or so we thought) and if “Don’t Rain on My Parade” is “her” song, how could she have screwed up? Was it the stress, nerves or was she so focused on preparing Kurt for his audition (I think she tried psyching him out), she had little time to prepare? If she’s been ready for this chance for years, it should have been a piece of cake. Maybe it was the fear of being judged by the stern NYADA dean, Carmen Tibideaux (Goldberg) that set her up for disaster. I really do feel for Rachel, I mean this audition would have pretty much set her future in high gear, and now it will be hard to see what’ll happen next. Maybe she’ll get another chance… third time’s the charm isn’t it? Plus she tends to have a horseshoe up her butt so I’m sure it’ll be okay. Read more…