A fake news story claiming that rapper Tupac is still alive was posted on PBS’ website on Monday, reports Billboard.
Hackers apparently got into the network’s website and posted a fake story claiming the dead rapper, full name Tupac Amaru Shakur, was alive in New Zealand.
Many still believe Tupac is still alive, refusing to believe he is dead, so obviously the story came with some major attention. Way to fuel the conspiracy theorists, hackers.
PBS confirmed Monday that the website had been hacked and the story was removed later that morning. It had been posted on the ‘PBS NewsHour’ program website.
The program later released a tweet, saying “If you missed it: our site has been accessed by hackers. Thanks for staying with us.”
The hackers is a group apparently called ‘LulzSec,’ or ‘The Lulz Boat’ on Twitter. The group claims they are responsible for the act, and even posted a video which taunts the network.
As much as I do not condone this kind of action, I must say, the hackers were smart in getting the attention of the public. There are so many conspiracy theorists out there who still believe Tupac is alive, so posting a story claiming he’s alive is one of the smartest things I’ve ever heard of. Not that I condone it.
Fox is cancelling its long-running crime-stopping series ’America’s Most Wanted,’ reports Entertainment Weekly.
The series, which profiles men and women wanted by law enforcement agencies, has been on the air since 1988 and consistently wins its time period. A few years ago it announced the capture of its 1,000th criminal. The show is legendary – but it doesn’t seem to be enough.
The show will still have a presence on Fox next season, with the network airing four quarterly two-hour specials, but the Saturday night slots will otherwise be replaced by repeats. Really Fox?
Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told reporters on Monday that the show was no longer profitable. “John Walsh has been an important guy at network for a long time,” Reilly says. “It’s been an important show for us historically. We haven’t made money on the show in quite awhile. It wasn’t particularly viable. We wanted to keep the franchise alive. John is having conversations about ways to keep the series alive.”
“We’re going to be in originals across our schedule,” Reilly says. “We want to be able to play repeats to give the audience a chance to catch up and that’s one of the few places we can do that.”
The show averaged 5 million viewers this season and a 1.7 rating in the adult demo, which is still pretty impressive for a Saturday night. The show was perfect for those boring Saturday nights, so I don’t know what many middle-aged parents will do now. Will you miss the show?
There has been much speculation over who will be the last guests on ‘Oprah,’ and now they have been finally revealed. Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith will be the last guests on the legendary talk show, reports The Daily Mail.
The episode will air May 25 and bids farewell to the show, marking its finale episode after 25 years.
Previous options had included Oprah’s long term boyfriend Stedman Graham, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Aniston, Gabrielle Giffords or Dr Phil McGraw. Thank god it’s not Dr Phil.
Smith and his wife and children have been on Oprah’s show many times in the past, with ‘Karate Kid’ star Jaden and ‘Whip My Hair’ singer Willow previously joining their parents on the famous couch.
The multi-billionaire announced in November 2009 that she was going to end her popular talk show. She has since then launched her own television network, called OWN – Oprah Winfrey Network.
Ratings have not been great for the network, though, which pulls in a fraction of the audience figures she is used to on her nationally syndicated show. She has vowed to focus more time and energy on it once she finishes filming the talk show.
And there you have it. I’ll definitely miss the emotional Oprah episodes, but I’m sure she’ll stir up lots of new things on her network. I’m also kind of surprised she picked the Smiths to appear on the last episode – I would have thought she’d pick someone bigger, but hey.
Ashton Kutcher will be replacing Charlie Sheen on ‘Two and a Half Men,’ reports The Hollywood Reporter.
Two sources close to the deal-making say the actor is putting the final touches on a deal to replace Charlie Sheen as the star of TV’s No. 1 comedy.
The exact dollar figure he will be paid is not known, but a source says Kutcher is getting a “huge payday” to join the hit sitcom.
The deal came together after Hugh Grant passed on the opportunity to join the show. Now, sources say the show’s creator Chuck Lorre has crafted a storyline to introduce Kutcher in a way that satisfies the network and studio. “It’s really funny,” says one source. “People are going to love it.”
This will be Kutcher’s first regular series gig since rising to stardom on Fox’s ‘That 70’s Show.’ He also executive produced the hit MTV series ‘Punk’d,’ among others.
Kutcher was chosen as he brings a youthful fan base to the CBS show, as well as a big online profile with 6.7 million Twitter followers, which could help CBS promote the show.
As we all know, Sheen was fired from the show in early March due to erratic behaviour and mucho-substance-abuse.
I think Kutcher is a good choice, actually. If he’s expected to take on Sheen’s role as an arrogant ladies man, then he’ll definitely be able to pull it off. Much better choice than Hugh Grant, that’s for sure. Kutcher hasn’t made any great films lately, so I think this will be a good career move for him as well.
Hugh Grant has reportedly pulled out of negotiations to take on the lead role in ‘Two and a Half Men,’ reports CTV.
The 50-year-old actor was reportedly offered $1 million an episode to replace Charlie Sheen on the sitcom, but turned down the job due to “creative differences.” Sheen was fired from the show earlier this year because of his erratic behaviour.
According to insiders, creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre, who Charlie branded “s**tbrain and “Chucky Cheesball” during their public feud, will only continue the show if he can find someone to work comfortably with, and prefers an actor not known for television work.
A source said ”Chuck will only continue if he can find the right actor and get excited about that. It has to be somebody Chuck can work with.”
Warner Bros. and U.S. television network CBS are gunning to get the matter resolved soon in order to get a new series of the show ready before the end of the year.
After Charlie was fired from ‘Two and a Half Men’ in March, a number of actors have been considered to take on the lead role, including Rob Lowe, Woody Harrelson, Jeremy Piven and John Stamos.
Hugh Grant was kind of a random choice, anyways. Sure, he’s good at pulling off arrogant, ladies-man roles, but I don’t feel like it would be a good fit for this show. Guess the search continues – but honestly – anyone is better than Sheen.
Fox has cancelled five current shows and is adding three new ones, E Online reports.
In a ruthless move, Fox has also canceled ‘Lie to Me,’ ‘The Chicago Code,’ and ‘Traffic Light.’ The network has also canceled ‘Human Target’ after just two seasons, as well as the new Christian Slater comedy ‘Breaking In.’
It’s being called #FOXapolipse on Twitter.
Ruthless, indeed. But with that comes three new shows to expect for the fall.
First on the list of new shows is the ‘Bones’ spinoff ‘The Finder,’ starring Geoff Stults, which is based off an episode of ‘Bones’ that aired last month.
Also added to the Fox network is the drama ‘Alcatraz’ from J.J. Abrams, the mastermind behind ‘Lost’ and ‘Fringe.’
In the comedy department, Fox is adding ‘The New Girl,’ an ensemble show exploring the sexual politics among men and women. The show will star Zooey Deschanel and Damon Wayans Jr.
I personally won’t miss any of the cancelled shows. The new ones sound sort of promising. ‘The New Girl’ is probably the only one I’ll actually check out, because I love Zooey Deschanel. The show ‘Alcatraz’ will probably worth checking out too, I mean, J.J. Abrams, hello. What do you think of the switch-ups?