MTV’s 1 Girl 5 Gays has a new face this year and it’s none other than Degrassi alum, Lauren Collins.
ANDPOP’s Simon Mohos gets a little risqué with Lauren as they play 1 Girl, 1 Boy, 1 Cup. Don’t close the window just yet! It’s not that kind of video.
We thought Simon could help Lauren prepare for her new show by picking some rather cheeky questions from her first episode. As luck would have it, we get her to spill on her best flirting advice (“Don’t creepy smile and stare at someone. That’s weird!”), what boy band she thinks Simon would be best suited for (she’s a fan of them, too!) and if her parents would watch the show (yeah, that could be awkward).
The cup also provided another doozy of a question: Do you have anal sex with a one night stand?
Well, do you? You better watch to find out!
1 Girl 5 Gays airs Friday at 11e/8p on MTV
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:
The characters in The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings aren’t particularly attractive. But what if your life depended on being involved with one of them?
Playing a funny game with stars Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis and Sir Ian McKellen, MTV’s Josh Horowitz gave the actors a hard time in choosing whether they would F*ck/marry/kill characters like Gollum, the Eye of Sauron, Smaug or Bilbo Baggins.
There obviously isn’t much to choose from (because really, who would want to kiss an Orc?), but I agree with McKellan for marrying the dragon Smaug.
Although villainous, Smaug is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch and that man is BEAUTIFUL.
Watch the video here:
In this instalment of “Ask A Network Head,” Natalie asks the “head of programming at MTV” why they stopped playing music videos and started playing superficial reality shows like “Teen Mom” and “Cribs” instead. The answer is simple. It’s her f*cking fault!! Well, not just her — it’s her entire generation.
The very people from her generation who loved those music videos also decided to steal music online, making videos more worthless than ever before. It’s ironic that the very people complaining about “the new MTV” are the same people who indirectly destroyed it. The video features comedians Brian and Maria, who post their videos to bfirenzi on YouTube.
Do you agree with them?
Watch it here
Rihanna’s new video “Diamonds” is more about raw emotion and visuals rather than a tangible plot. The singer is stripped of a fanciful wardrobe and dramatic makeup so we can focus on the power of the scenes unfolding around her. She rolls and smokes a cigarette filled with diamonds before the walls literally start falling around her.
The Anthony Mandler-directed video transitions between colour and black and white scenes of her floating in water, desperately running away from something (though we don’t know what), hanging out with a black stallion and witnessing violent scenes of war. It’s clearly stacked with symbolism, though it doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers other commenters.
Rihanna told MTV the visuals were very important to the story. “With ‘Diamonds,’ it was just a series of vignettes that we put together to help get the emotion across throughout the song ’cause the song changes and it builds, and there’s no real way that you could do that,” she explained. “You just want people to feel that and I wanted little cutaways of interactions that would give you the right emotion.”
“Diamonds” will be on her forthcoming album Unapologetic, out Nov. 19. And don’t forget to enter our Rihanna contest, ending Nov. 14.
Watch the video here
Rihanna’s new track “Diamonds” is a lot more slow burning than the club bangers we’re used to, but it gives her beautiful voice a time to shine. The single was produced by Stargate, who also did “Don’t Stop the Music,” “Rude Boy” and “Only Girl (In the World).”
Rihanna sings about a special boy in the chorus: ”So shine bright tonight, you and I/ We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky/ Eye to eye, so alive/ We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky.”
Rihanna told MTV this track sounds a lot more laid back and hopeful, which makes sense considering she describes her new album as a “happy and hippy record.” The single will be on her upcoming album, which will reportedly drop in November and MIGHT be called 7 Wonders (loves it).
Listen to it here:
Jersey Shore is
finally ending after six epic seasons. MTV confirmed that the upcoming season will be its final, meaning it’ll be the last time you can seriously indulge in conversations about hairspray, GTL, DTF and other acronyms that you never fully understood.
While we’re not particularly happy to say bon voyage to the cast (it’s a guilty pleasure) we can’t really imagine them trading beer funnels for baby bottles and going to Club Karma to hook up… with their serious, significant other.
The final season starts on Oct. 4 on MTV but there will be a commemorative retrospective on Sept. 6 called “Gym, Tan, Look Back.” Still, we’re pretty sure this won’t be the last you see of them — some will probably continue filming their spin-off shows while others will inevitably score a sausage infomercial or two.
Are you sad to see the show go or relieved you’ll never have to see The Situation’s abs ever again?
At last there will be a halt on GTL— gym, tan, laundry (unless it’s for the baby). Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi and Jionni LaValle welcomed the newest little member to the shore, their first born baby boy Lorenzo Dominic LaValle, early Sunday morning in Livingston, New Jersey.
Hopefully now that she’s a mom, she’ll be able to reinvent herself and leave behind her partying rep. Snooki has also sent out a bunch of tweets about lack of sleep, finally being able to eat egg whites and welcoming news:
MTV shared in on their excitement: “We couldn’t be happier for Nicole and Jionni on the healthy delivery of their baby boy! We look forward to Lorenzo’s first trip to the Jersey Shore and can’t wait to see his first animal print onesie.” If you know anything about Snooki, she’s obsessed with zebra and leopard print. Have you seen those girl’s slippers?
The guido fam has also been showered with love and well wishes from Jersey Shore cast mates. Yup, they’re already in talks of a baby blow out and dressing the little thing to impress:
By Jasmine Williams
Last week’s episode ended on the explosive note of Roger accusing JWoww of lying to her. Who’s right? Who’s wrong? I have no clue but tears are falling, mascara’s running and drag queens were involved.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s “Snooki and JWoww”:
1. Jionni and Roger get a surprise: After Roger and Jwoww’s fight, things are more than a little awkward in the bachelorette pad. Luckily, Snooki’s plan to take the boys to a drag bar was just the pick-me-up everyone needed. Nothing like watching your boyfriend get practically molested by drag queens to bring a smile to a guidette’s face.
2. Snooki and Jionni celebrate with the in-laws, and it’s surprisingly normal: As a watcher of Snooki’s antics on Jersey Shore, I’ve come to expect that any sort of occasion involving Snooki will result in her ending up on the floor, or crying or all of the above. But she definitely toned it down for her engagement party, which was a lovely, low-key affair with family and friends. Almost boring by television standards. Where’s a good fist pump when you need it?
3. Roger needs to find someone new to pick on: It seems that Roger and Jionni’s relationship consists of Roger shamelessly picking on him and Jionni graciously laughing along with him, even encouraging him on this episode, when he brings out his baby pictures for all to see. But now we see why Jionni’s so nice. Because he knows he’s in a better place right now. He’s got the fiancé and a baby on the way and what does Roger have? A crumbling relationship with no sex. Game, set and match to Jionni.
Next week the ladies are heading to Cancun and I can’t wait! See you then!
By Jasmine Williams
This week, Snooki and JWoww shocked a coffee shop with tales of their sexual escapades, JWoww learned to cook, and Snooki acted really sensitive to pretty much everything that came out of JWoww’s mouth. Here’s what I learned on this week’s Snooki and JWoww “Calm Down Hormonal.”
1. Snooki trained to be a vet tech but she doesn’t seem to like being around animals. At all. Snooki agreed to volunteer at a doggy daycare in order to help out JWoww with a discount and so she could make something of her degree. Getting to play with little doggies all day sounds like fun. But for Snooks, it looked terrible. She was cowering in a corner as the dogs jumped all over her (as dogs are apt to do) and when she had to pick up poop, she practically dry heaved. At least JWoww’s dog Bella had her back.
2. JWoww made a friend… At an organic cooking class, JWoww met Ashley, a cute twenty-something-year-old girl with a boyfriend in Austria. Her parents are professional bakers whom JWoww was trying to impress. That’s pretty much all I gathered about her given that she was on the show for five minutes. JWoww invited her out to dinner with her and Snooki since her roomie’s pregnancy was making her a little cuckoo bananas. Snooki liked her but still gave her the stink eye because, well she’s Snooki.
3. … and possibly loses a boyfriend? The episode ends on a pretty scary note, as Roger called JWoww and accused her of lying to him about a lawsuit, which she claimed to know nothing about. Since JWoww admitted she lies sometimes, it’s hard to know who to believe in this scenario. Hopefully it will all get sorted out, because despite all their issues, Roger and JWoww seemed to be good for each other.
By Jasmine Williams
This week, we see the Jersey Shore roomies be less than supportive of Snooki and her little meatball, J-Woww’s dad who surprisingly looks like an English professor, and Jionni try to kick Roger in the head.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Snooki and JWoww ”Sober party of one.”
1. Ouch, J-Woww! I get the Jersey Shore cast being less than supportive about Snooki’s big news. It is Snooki after all, the girl who blacked out on the very first night back in Season 1. But J-Woww’s supposed to be her bestie. You can’t join in with the teasing, you have to back her up. But she was arguably the worst, calling Snooki “miserable” and saying that watching her makes her not want to have a kid. Ouch, I really felt for Snooks with that one.
2. The gay friends Joey: These guys were so great, but Nicole’s Joey was the best. He took one shot of Patron too many and was completely wasted. He had J-Woww spray tan his butt, hit on Roger while slurring his words, and managed to flip the couch over while still sitting on it. Also, the fact that he looks like a guido lumberjack but sounds like David Beckham is comedy gold.
3. Roger needs to get laid: I’m getting really tired of him talking about how much he doesn’t get laid/his dick/his venereal disease history. Enough already. I know he’s all about being the funny guy, but it seems that especially when he’s drunk, he’s a bit of an oversharer. And the fact that tonight, he was sitting right next to J-Woww’s father? Disrespectful. Maybe if he and J-Woww smushed a little more, he wouldn’t be so obnoxious.
By Jasmine Williams
In this week’s episode, JWoww celebrates her birthday by eating herself in cake form. Then, the girls go to a sex museum and learn that deer have threesomes and pee their pants getting scared by ninjas at a Japanese restaurant in New York City. So just a regular day.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Snooki and JWoww ”It Looks Like a Meatball.”
1. Roger’s a big bully. I know I was singing Roger’s praises last week but in this episode, I couldn’t help but feel like his so-called friendly “ball-busting” of Jionni got a little mean. He’s short, we get it. But you know that friend who always takes a joke just a tad too far? Admittedly, singing the Oompa-Loompa song, when Snooki and Jionni got in the car was funny, and yes, their kid has a very small chance of making the NBA someday. But it seemed that Roger took any and every opportunity to drive that fact home, even when Snooki was visibly upset. Not cool man.
2. JWoww knows how to bargain. As the girls are getting settled into their new home, much of this episode consisted of them going from store to store looking for fabric and wallpaper. While I’m scared of what their place is going to like, as Snooki said that she wants her room be covered in animal print and “very tacky,” I must admit that I can learn a thing or two from JWoww. A pouty face and a bat of the lashes and she brought their purchase down almost 50%. Girl’s got some skills.
By Jasmine Williams
The second episode picks up exactly where the first left off, with JWoww still attempting to process Snooki’s big news but deciding to move in anyway, despite knowing nothing about what living with a pregnant chick might entail. Or anything about what’s on the lease for that matter. Sigh.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of Snooki and JWoww “Sorry Neighbours, Cause These Bitches Are Moving In.”
1. Roger is the best. Honestly, I never thought much of Roger on Jersey Shore. He just seemed like a guy who had his act together and seemed to balance Jenni’s admittedly bitchy tendencies. But so far on Snooki and J-Woww, he has truly proven himself to be a great boyfriend. Despite disagreeing with Jenni’s choices to move in with Snooki, he supports her wholeheartedly, carrying her luggage in and never getting in her way. They also have a very cute banter that’s not super lovey-dovey and nauseating but just shows how they’re on the same page with each other. And when he tried to teach her to drive manual in his truck, it was priceless. That’s trust right there.
2. But JWoww needs to calm down. Despite her tough girl attitude, JWoww definitely has some insecurity that she needs to work on. When Roger and Jionni were joking about his future bachelorette party, she was against him even going. And now the joke she made in Ep. 1 about having his dick above her fireplace doesn’t seem so funny. Relax Jenni! Roger’s a good guy and he’s not going anywhere, but he will if you try to put him on such a short leash. But maybe she’s just moody because it’s her birthday and Jionni put a ring on it before Roger did.
3. Jionni and Snooki are really, really short. Obviously that goes without saying, but this episode really drove that fact home. When Snooki had to give her fiancé a boost to help him get luggage into the back of their SUV, it was like two Smurfs… well trying, to get luggage into an SUV. And standing next to Roger and JWoww, Snooki and Jionni really do look pint-sized. But Jionni’s a good sport and laughs off Roger’s constant short jokes. And with Snooki being only 4’9”, it makes sense that she’d be with a guy that’s not too much taller than her. And it may even be a good omen for her; we all remember how Kim and Kris worked out.
Taylor Swift and B.o.B’s new video for “Both of Us” captures them in a sweaty, southern paradise, portraying all aspects of humanity.
“This is bigger than just B.o.B and Taylor Swift, this is about all walks of life,” says B.o.B.
While the video certainly looks airy and romantic Swift and B.o.B describe how sweltering the set actually is and how they basically save each other’s LIVES when monstrous fuzzy spiders and mosquitoes attack (shudder).
Meanwhile, Taylor pretty much captivates the entire crew as they film her playing with cute dogs, while a grown man softly blows dandelion seeds into the wind. I’m loving her style in this video which is a mesh of breezy country skirts with vintage tops.
The video is premiering on MTV on June 27 but Access Hollywood got the behind the scenes look to tide us over. [Source]
Here’s the story of a girl named Deena. Deena was spending her summer in Jersey Shore where the T-shirt shop is a pivotal industry and the meatballs are DTF (we know this because MTV tells us so). While her cast mates were presumably out for GTL, Deena had a drink. And then another And then another. Let’s just got ahead and multiply this by infinity.
This is her arrest in 10 pictures. It starts with a lovely “tra-la-la” stroll, before she makes out with
The Situation a pig and is ultimately and apprehended by a cop that hates his job. On the bright side, this PSA highlights the negative side of drinking. [Source]
Katy Perry fist pumped the air during her acceptance speech for winning the NARM Artist of the Year Award. Girl looked more goth than tired to us, but Perry said she’s exhausted and after watching the promo reel she realizes why.
“I saw why I was so exhausted — because I like working so hard!” she said. “It’s really so fun working so hard, because I like reaching my goals. I don’t know about you.”
One of the best parts of Perry’s speech was when she shared a story about how she was originally inspired to get into the music biz. When she was younger she was only allowed to listen to certain types of music. Every time she visited her friend she’d force them to throw on MTV real quick, like a rebellious little kid would. One time, her friend pulled out “Killer Queen” by Queen and she says it hit her like a shockwave.
“I remember falling down what felt like slow motion in my bed,” she said. “I thought to myself oh my gosh, this music is incredible. These lyrics, they speak to me.”
Perry next plans? She’s taking a much deserved break.
“I swear after this song I’m taking a f*cking vacation,” she said.
Watch it here:
Usher’s “Lemme See” is more laid back than the club banger he dropped last week called “Scream.” The track is the third single from his upcoming seventh album, Looking For Myself and of course it has that Usher feel: ”She say she wanna take her skirt off/Be my guest/I decided to take my shirt off/Show my chest,” he sings.
Usher told MTV that the new album will be just in time for summer and that we can expect many different views and perspectives.
MTV’s Snooki & JWoww show is poised to offer a new way to look at pregnancy. It’s not always about going to prenatal classes and pimping your car with a government-approved baby seat, it can be a hoot too. You know, like dying your dogs purple and partying in sombreros.
Snooki threw the network a curveball when she announced her pregnancy and engagement two months ago, right before they started filming her new spinoff show with JWoww. But it also means we’ll see the character in unexpected situations, sans alcohol.
It looks like the show is really about the friendship between the two Jersey Shore cast mates. And we’ll see the occasional double date with Jionni and Roger.
“Jenni is my best friend, like I would die for you,” Snooki says to JWoww in the clip.
It’s also been confirmed that the sixth season of Jersey Shore will be more mature than we’re used to. Pregnant Snooki probably won’t be hitting the smush room and Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is laying off alcohol.
Watch the trailer here:
It was @jordans_life’s distinct honour to be the first journalist to introduce Duncan and Dave as being bestselling authors. Not only did they guys write a book, it made it to the top of the New York Times bestsellers list. They stopped by the andPOP studio to brag- er we mean talk about the book. It’s available at Amazon.com! Go buy a copy or Duncan will stop saving baby lions in Africa.
In Skrillex and Kaskade’s new video for “Lick It,” a rave refugee walks through a frozen wasteland covering her blood-squiring ears. FYI, that raver happens to be Icelandic actress and soccer player Anita Lisa Svansdottir.
While the visual is kind of disturbing, we’re glad to hear the song, which is the latest track from Kaskade’s Fire & Ice. Skrillex and Kaskade have different vibes but maybe that’s why it works.
“Skrillex and I have different styles,” Kaskade told MTV, “but that is part of what made it fun. I like doing the unexpected, and this track and video is something truly distinctive.”
Watch it below:
It’s been only six months or so since Child Protective Services took away their two-year-old daughter but according to TMZ Ebony and Joshua Rendon from 16 and Pregnant are — wait for it — pregnant AGAIN.
Joshua told TMZ that although the pregnancy was unexpected, they’re still excited for the baby. Ebony is currently 10 weeks pregnant.
The couple was arrested in September after the Department of Human Services raided their home in Arkansas and found feces, flies and maggots all over the place. They also found marijuana and drug paraphernalia around the house. They were charged with: endangering the welfare of a minor, possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a drug premise and unauthorized use of another’s property to facilitate a crime (you can take a breath now).
TMZ says they still don’t have custody of their daughter Jocelyn and they only see her during supervised visits. Ebony also entered rehab in November to get psychological help for having suicidal thoughts. Do you think they’ll be able to pull it together before their second is born?