“Call Me Maybe (Cover)” — Kelly Clarkson
Every show, Kelly Clarkson lets a fan from the audience choose a song for her to sing, which is why we’ve been hearing her cover tracks like Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” and Britney Spears’ “Everytime.” This time, a few people in the audience asked her to cover Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” We’ve heard tons of renditions of this track but this simplified version works because we really get to focus on a catchy melody and great vocals.
“You’re Gonna Love This” — 3OH!3
Poor 3OH!3…they started the whole pop/rap/dance/auto tune/alcoholic/patterned pants craze and LMFAO and Kesha swooped right in and stole their thunder. The duo hasn’t given up though and in the name of all that is outrageous and obnoxious, I give you “You’re Gonna Love This,” off their newest album Omens. The music video for the track is pretty simple. They both try to win over the same girl, one-upping each other by throwing things and aiming really well. Unfortunately, the girl in the video is totally unimpressed and gets whisked away by a Tom Cruise look-a-like, leaving the boys to find some other fish in the sea.
“Kill the DJ”— Green Day Read more…
Today TMZ reported that Mike “The Situation” checked into
an inpatient treatment program rehab. Although his rep wouldn’t confirm it, he apparently told TMZ that Mike “has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule.” TMZ went further by saying Mike is in Utah’s Cirque Lodge for prescription meds.
About 50 percent of the cast mates in Jersey Shore could benefit from rehab (including Mike). Still, using that statement as a metaphor for rehab seems like a stretch.
On the Situation’s website, it says TMZ created “ridiculous embellishments” and “This is just like the childhood game of “telephone” – someone hears a small rumor and blows it out of proportion.”
Mike also denied the rumors on Twitter: ”Do NOT Believe Everything You Hear, Especially from TMZ.”
We’ve seen some pretty erratic behaviour from Mike on the most recent season of Jersey Shore — well on all the seasons, really. His random paranoid outbursts have resulted in him getting a concussion for headbutting a wall during a fight with Ronnie.
The verdict? For now it looks like Mike is denying the rehab rumors so we can’t assume anything. For all we know, this undisclosed location is some remote beach where he’s soaking in the sun and recovering from the self-inflicted scars of the Jersey Shore house. But still, it really wouldn’t hurt if he were in rehab.
In the midst of Snooki’s rumored pregnancy and spin off show comes the trailer for Pauly D’s new reality gig The Pauly D Project. The trailer is just as we presumed, full of bros, booze, blowouts and babes. Oh, and of course lots of hairspray. Here are five things I learned from the new trailer:
1) Pauly D still lives with his dad in Rhode Island despite being (presumably) filthy rich. This makes him what is popularly known as a big bambino, or a big baby.
2) You can take the boys out of Jersey but you can’t take the Jersey out of the boys. This season they head to Las Vegas for what’s basically a prolonged version of the hangover… but instead of the hangover we just get the drunk part. We even have the girlfriend-whipped Stu in the form of Biggie (“no strip clubs, no whores”) and Pauly D’s mentor and wing man Phil in Ryan.
3) Pauly D always needs friends to make an interesting show. We’re used to him fading into the wood-paneled background of the Jersey House, watching the attention hogging behaviour of Snooki and
Mike the Situation. Pauly D’s problem riddled friends hog the spotlight once again, namely hothead Ryan who storms off in one scene.
4) Pauly D is capable of having a steady girlfriend and relatively normal job. Okay, so being a DJ isn’t the same as a fluorescent-lit cubicle but it’s still something. We also see Pauly D’s love interest in Angel, a girl he knew in high school. This season is all about
DTF DTD, down to date.
5) Cameos might be the most interesting part of the show. Pauly D signs a record deal with 50 Cent and takes the stage with Britney Spears. Sadly we see no Jersey appearances.
Watch the trailer below: