heartfelt save-my-ass apology from that reporter who got slapped by Will Smith on the red carpet after he kissed the actor one too many times.
Ukrainian interviewer Vitalii Sediuk said he intended to do something different than the other journalists and didn’t mean to offend Smith.
“I don’t take offence. Of course, we have different mentalities,” he said. ”It was a splash of emotions, an emotional moment and I’m sorry for that. Next time if I meet him, I’ll just shake his hand.”
I feel bad for the guy. I really don’t think he meant any harm or that he did it for attention. A lot of people insist the gesture was a misinterpreted cultural greeting since many people greet each other with a kiss on the cheek and it’s NO BIG DEAL. In fact, I think it was a mistake on Smith’s part considering all these reporters were there to promote his movie.
If you missed the epic slap, Smith was unimpressed during the Moscow premiere of Men in Black 3 when Sediuk tried to plant a big sloppy one on his lips. He joked with another reporter: “He’s lucky I didn’t sucker punch him.”
Watch the apology here:
1) Agent J says he’s getting too old for the job but he looks virtually unchanged. Will Smith does not age.
2) Agent J must travel back in time after he learns his partner Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) gets unwritten from history. Oh (Emma Thompson) tells him he must time travel to stop an evil alien from assasinating his friend.
3) To go back to 1969 you have to get high, but not in the way you might think. Also 1969 is like some trippy Velvet Underground party where everyone is an alien. Andy Warhol was always one of us and Agent J has no problem kicking the “shiznet” out of him.
4) There are a few cameos in this film, including Lady Gaga. Wait, she has a cameo? Oh yea, there she is…
5) The movie’s fresh angle comes in the form of young Agent K (Josh Brolin) who is not hard on the eyes and has a laid back charm. Even though the world is being invaded by massive flying aliens, he doesn’t seem like he’s in a rush to stop it.
Will Smith let it slip to a Brazilian website that there will be a couple celebrity cameos in the third installment of Men in Black III and Lady Gaga will be one of the ‘surprises.’
“We have a couple of celebrity cameos, but I think I cannot reveal who they are,” Smith told the website. “We must keep as a surprise that Lady Gaga appears.”
We’re not sure what character Lady Gaga will play but she’d certainly make an amiable alien, considering some of the costumes we’ve seen her rock. I’ve taken the liberty of going one step further to help the film’s costume design team by compiling a photo anthology to inspire them, with quick character profiles.
1) This Kermit the Frog-inspired look, created by Jean Charles de Castelbajac, would be the perfect look for Oeshu, the slimy but fun loving green alien. It’s the PG, family friendly option of the bunch.
2) Gaga was clearly going for a Queen of Hearts look with this sheer red dress from Alexander McQueen. It’s ideal for an ambitious queen trying to save her homeland.
3) I have Men in Black covered if they’re going for an eerie, sci fi incubation scene in which Lady Gaga emerges from her shell. Gaga arrived in this giant egg at the Grammys. It’s styled by Nicola Formichetti.
4) Perfect for the evil alien seductress. The meat dress, designed by Franc Fernandez, is made of local meat from a Los Angeles butcher shot. The presumed smell of the dress would be ideal for method actors but preservation might be costly.
Submit your ideas for Lady Gaga’s alien character below.