In the world of celebrity news, there’s no shortage of hits and misses. This week, Sarah Hyland gets personal in the latest Seventeen magazine and Lady Gaga wears another meat dress.
HIT: Sara Hyland talks kidney transplant with Seventeen Magazine
Sarah Hyland, a.k.a. Mila Kunis Jr., plays Modern Family’s Haley Dunphy so well, you’d think they’re the same person — you’d never guess she suffers from kidney dysplasia. The young starlet has been suffering from the disease since she was nine-years old, and recently received a kidney from her own father. Hyland is the kind of person young girls should look up to because of her strong work ethic and sense of self.
MISS: Justin Bieber apparently had a thing for Vanessa Hudgens, says an unreliable source
According to the National Inquirer, the two met on the set of Spring Breakers when the Biebs was visiting current fling Selena Gomez, and then yadda yadda yadda. Let’s be honest here: trusting the National Inquirer as a reputable source of “news” is like trusting Bristol Palin to be the voice of reason when it comes to the sanctity of marriage. You’ve got to be certifiable crazy to be do either.
HIT: Someone FINALLY writes an accurate bio for Kim Kardashian’s IMDb page
Kimmy K.’s cultural relevance boils down to her ass, a sex tape, and now Kanye West. So, it warms my black heart to see IMDb writer Jon C. Hopwood’s brutally honest profile — or roast if you will — of the reality star. Here’s a sample: “… Kardashian is possessed of [sic] photogenic good looks but is short of any other discernible talents outside of the bedroom.” IMDb has taken it down since, but you can still read it in full here.
HIT: Magic Mike cast covers the latest Entertainment Weekly Read more…
A group of Christian South Koreans acted in solidarity yesterday begging the gods to strike down one Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga.
The group prayed that her April 27th concert in Seoul be cancelled because “Just Dance” is corrupting the youth with it’s blasphemous lyrics and sexual influence. According to AFP they wanted to prevent the youth from being ”infected with homosexuality and pornography.”
People under the age of 18 have already been banned from the concert, though Gaga tried to appeal to the government on Twitter about the age restriction. She’s not the first either — Marilyn Manson, Jay-Z and 50 Cent have had similar restrictions on their concerts.
Previously the age restriction was 12, but the Korea Media Rating Board decided that wasn’t enough. We’ll just have to wait until April 27 to see whether cosmic intervention does indeed happen. [Source]
Now you can heal your injuries with some meat.
Going on Twitter to reveal the first item on the merch list for her Born This Way Ball tour, the extravagant singer introduced meat bandages.
And by that, I meant printed band-aids that look like meat. (You didn’t actually think there was going to be real meat in the package did you?)
“Just in case you fall and scrape your monster knee! I’ll be there l love you, you bandage me up when I need it! Xox,” she tweeted.
Not that we didn’t squirm when we saw her in a meat dress, now you can heal your cuts and sores with some Gaga-approved bandages that look like meat.
Oh Gaga. You’re always so creative.
Barack Obama is sexy and everyone knows it, including him. Someone with a lot of time on their hands scoured through scores of Obama’s speeches to find him saying the exact words from LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It.” The mashup has received over a million hits since Monday. The editor also created videos of Obama singing Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” and Rihanna’s “Drink to That.”
What do you want to hear Obama sing next?
Lady Gaga’s black veils are more than a fashion statement as the headgear is apparently her way of mourning the planet’s suffering. The “Born This Way” singer shows her solidarity with those who aren’t so blessed with the thin mesh.
Lady Gaga is literally a walking art piece and everything she wears has some profound and abstract meaning. I can’t imagine waking up in the morning and thinking: do I want to evoke environmentalism or animal activism today? That’s too much work for 7 am.
I know there are so many digs to make at Gaga for this but I actually appreciate her thoughtful sense of style — even if it’s a little extreme. Gaga is rolling in cash so it’s slightly hypocritical to think wearing a black veil contributes anything. At the same time it’s not like she’s doing nothing. Gaga started the Born This Way Foundation to empower young people.
Check out some of her looks below:
Lady Gaga takes a vow of (media silence) and grants her last interview with Oprah, Fabolous “makes it rain” $28,000 at a strip club, and a Fox weatherman manages to offend everyone before 10 am.
Kim Kardashian might be getting a lot of slams lately but apparently a lot of people really like her as she now has more Twitter followers than Obama.
In other news, the world is officially ending.
At 14 million followers Kardashian has eclipsed some of the most influential people in the world. Not that it’s a competition or anything…
Kim beats Oprah, the Dalai Lama and Jack Dorsey, who founded Twitter.
Also, apparently being the president of the United States doesn’t draw as much attention as a reality star. Still, Obama is coming up close to her with 13 million followers.
Kim is the seventh most followed person in the world but she still doesn’t beat Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber or Katy Perry. So there’s still something to work toward…
Lady Gaga, the girl who talks candidly to the media while wearing dresses made of furry stuffed animals and smelly raw meat, has decided to enter a self-imposed exile. The “Paparazzi” singer granted her final interview (for now, at least) to goddess Oprah.
The Last Interview was shot for a two-hour episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter” in the singer’s childhood home. It also includes her mother Cynthia Germanotta, who admits she and her husband thought their daughter had a screw loose.
Gaga also said: “Other than this interview, Oprah, I do not intend to speak to anyone for a very long time. … No press, no television, if my mom calls and says, ‘Did you hear about…’ I shut it all off.”
Just because Lady Gaga is taking a vow of silence, it doesn’t mean things will change. I mean the singer didn’t say a word a couple years ago when she was carried down the Grammy red carpet in an egg but she managed to make an impression. Still, maybe she’ll have some sort of existential epiphany to serve as a musical inspiration.
Yesterday was International Women’s Day and to celebrate the occasion Soomo Publishing created an amazing parody of Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance.” The music video pays homage to Alice Paul and generations of brave women who worked together to pass the 19th Amendment, giving women a right to vote in 1920 in the U.S.
The ladies are dressed in historic clothes but somehow manage to have a Gaga edge — it might have something to do with the white blindfolds. They sing: “We cry for freedom, Oh hear our voice, And see we’re equal to all men!”
How did you celebrate yesterday?
1) Agent J says he’s getting too old for the job but he looks virtually unchanged. Will Smith does not age.
2) Agent J must travel back in time after he learns his partner Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) gets unwritten from history. Oh (Emma Thompson) tells him he must time travel to stop an evil alien from assasinating his friend.
3) To go back to 1969 you have to get high, but not in the way you might think. Also 1969 is like some trippy Velvet Underground party where everyone is an alien. Andy Warhol was always one of us and Agent J has no problem kicking the “shiznet” out of him.
4) There are a few cameos in this film, including Lady Gaga. Wait, she has a cameo? Oh yea, there she is…
5) The movie’s fresh angle comes in the form of young Agent K (Josh Brolin) who is not hard on the eyes and has a laid back charm. Even though the world is being invaded by massive flying aliens, he doesn’t seem like he’s in a rush to stop it.
Jordan talks about a video of a girl who’s pissed about leap years, a
video of Snoop Dogg getting roofied at the Playboy Mansion, and pics
of Lady Gaga before she was Lady Gaga
Have a look at Lady Gaga before she was mother monster. Seen here as Stefani Germanotta, there’s some insight as to what she looks like when the meat dress comes off after a hard day at work.
Contrary to popular belief, the Gaga you see in 2011, wasn’t actually “born that way.” Her transformation was a gradual process and it started with the photos you see here. It’s hard to say what who’s more attractive, the girl behind the artist or her extravagant alter-ego?
Although, it would be interesting to see what her concerts would be like dressed like this.
Thanks to Buzzfeed for digging up these pictures.
Will Smith let it slip to a Brazilian website that there will be a couple celebrity cameos in the third installment of Men in Black III and Lady Gaga will be one of the ‘surprises.’
“We have a couple of celebrity cameos, but I think I cannot reveal who they are,” Smith told the website. “We must keep as a surprise that Lady Gaga appears.”
We’re not sure what character Lady Gaga will play but she’d certainly make an amiable alien, considering some of the costumes we’ve seen her rock. I’ve taken the liberty of going one step further to help the film’s costume design team by compiling a photo anthology to inspire them, with quick character profiles.
1) This Kermit the Frog-inspired look, created by Jean Charles de Castelbajac, would be the perfect look for Oeshu, the slimy but fun loving green alien. It’s the PG, family friendly option of the bunch.
2) Gaga was clearly going for a Queen of Hearts look with this sheer red dress from Alexander McQueen. It’s ideal for an ambitious queen trying to save her homeland.
3) I have Men in Black covered if they’re going for an eerie, sci fi incubation scene in which Lady Gaga emerges from her shell. Gaga arrived in this giant egg at the Grammys. It’s styled by Nicola Formichetti.
4) Perfect for the evil alien seductress. The meat dress, designed by Franc Fernandez, is made of local meat from a Los Angeles butcher shot. The presumed smell of the dress would be ideal for method actors but preservation might be costly.
Submit your ideas for Lady Gaga’s alien character below.
You can hardly recognize some of these musicians back when they were teens. It shows the dramatic transformation some celebs go through
(ahem Marilyn Manson, Madonna), although others look virtually the same, like Katy Perry above.
The photos remind me of the Skrillex evolution we saw last week. I don’t think my high school pictures are so unrecognizable but I will say I rocked a pretty intense side bang.
Lady Gaga is in therapy as she’s suffering from constant nightmares of the devil. Luckily, she is receiving the help of Indian doctor and spiritual advisor Deepak Chopra.
Gaga reportedly said, “I have this recurring dream where there’s a phantom in my home and he takes me into a room where there’s a blonde girl with ropes tied to her limbs pulling her apart. I told Deepak the dream was so terrifying I thought somehow that a devil force was trying to take hold of me.”
Gaga also allegedly said, “[Deepak] laughed and told me that I should learn to embrace my own insanity. I told him, ‘The Devil is trying to take me, Deepak. I’m a good girl!’” Chopra’s reply? “Don’t worry.”
The Grammys are known for outlandish “I can’t believe you went there fashions” and this year was no disappointment. These head-scratchers are among the best-worst fashions of the night, though their artistic message is up to you.
1) Sasha Gradiva wore a weapon-sleeve with her pink strapless dress. On Twitter, she said the look was meant to remind people to stand up for world peace and use weapons for artistic purposes only — ie her dress.
2) Nicki Minaj was escorted to the Grammys by a Pope impostor and dressed as a Cardinal-esque Little Red Riding Hood. Clearly, the Versace outfit was the only fitting option to prepare us for her later exorcism, which was successfully completed during her performance of “Roman Holiday.” What else would she wear for the occasion? Read more…
Sadly, Kanye is not on this year’s WTF Grammy list, which has us wondering, is he taming down or saving his energy for something doubly shocking? Only time will tell. In the meantime, there were plenty of bewildering/confusing/awkward moments to tide us over.
1) No one knows who Bon Iver is. Really? This is like last year’s who the f**k is Arcade Fire moment. Bon Iver won best new artist, though he’s not exactly new on the scene. A new Twitter account has been created in recognition, called Who Is Bonnie Bear?
2) Nicki Minaj’s Grammy ensemble made her usual skin-bearing outfits look conservative. Minaj channeled her religious side, donning a red Versace Catholic-inspired robe. She had a Pope look-a-like escort her and later performed an exorcism on herself — not sure how her date felt about that part. We’re comparing this to Lady Gaga’s egg moment of last year.
3) The most ironic moment of the night goes to the Foo Fighter’s walking off the stage to LMFAO’s “Party Rock” after winning best rock performance. Grohl shouted “long live rock ‘n’ roll” as the electro pop song negated their point.
4) Coldplay got slack for his cracking voice. We all thought Adele was the one to worry about, what with her throat surgery and all, but apparently Chris Martin and Rihanna’s performance was not a favourite. Strangely, a Chipotle commercial aired right after the performance, featuring Coldplay’s music, prompting many to say the commercial represented an actual Coldplay performance. I don’t see the big deal! I don’t think his voice was that bad. Just me? Okay.
5) The Beach Boys reunion underwhelmed audiences. I hate to say it, but it kind of felt like a performance for a Florida retirement home. The California boys shared the stage with Maroon 5 and Foster the People. Foster the People has my vote as best of the three, though the band looked scared out of their minds.
The 54th Grammys are on tomorrow night and is hosted by none-other than hip-hop legend LL Cool J – and if you can’t be there, might as well stalk those who are via Twitter.
We pulled together a little list of musicians, music critics, comedians and other accounts that are essential to give an inside look at music’s biggest night. Check them out below:
@AdamLevine: Maroon 5′s frontman and The Voice judge is performing with the freakin’ Beach Boys and Foster The People.
@BlobTower: Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon – a Twitterholic and up for two major awards.
@BrunoMars: He’d catch a grenade for you and he snagged a few nods.
@CoryMonteith: That Canadian dude from Glee tweets as much as sings.
@Deadmau5: Toronto’s DJ with a nod and a performance this weekend.
@Drake: Stay tuned for lonely thoughts at the after parties.
@JustinBieber: An up-and-coming tween sensation that has some potential.
@KanyeWest: He’s up for seven awards and he likes to talk. A lot.
@KatyPerry: She’s performing, up for a few awards – and she’s Katy Perry.
@LadyGaga: Mother Monster is performing, up for a few awards.
@LLCoolJ: Host for the evening; stay tuned for a snapshot or two from behind the scenes.
@TheLonelyIsland: Everyone’s favourite SNL-group headed by Andy Samberg.
@LupeFiasco: Nominated for Best Rap Performance.
@MileyCyrus: She will be in attendance.
@NickiMinaj: She’ll be performing, nods for her collab with Drake and Best New Artist.
@Questlove: The Roots’ drummer that is “your favourite twitterer’s music critic.”
@Rihanna: She likes to Tweet That Tweet – let’s see what she has to say about Chris Brown’s performance.
@Skrillex: 24-year-old producer is up for Best New Artist.
@TaylorSwift13: No doubt this nominee will be Instagraming all night long.
@WizardCud: Kid Cudi might not be as philosophical since quitting weed, but remains vocal.
@ZooeyDeschenel: Fresh from her SNL-hosting gig Saturday, she’ll be all adorkable at the award show.
THE MUSIC CRITICS:
@AlanCross: Canadian music-history icon will keep us confirmed.
@GerrickKennedy: Music writer for the Los Angeles Times likes to tweeter.
@JianGhomeshi: Canadian radio personality loves his music.
@RobSheff: Rolling Stone’s resident music critic – knows a thing or two about the industry.
@RyanSeacrest: This guy is so addicted to hosting things that he’ll likely tweet as if he is hosting the damn show.
@JimmyFallon: The Late Night host that’s a fan of everything – especially music.
@NealBrennan: New York comedian that is worth following year-round.
@RobDelaney: He tweets like breathing – why aren’t you following him already?
@TheGrammys: Pretty self-explanatory
@Fave: One of the official Grammy bloggers.
@KickKickSnare: An official blogger for the Grammys – been snapping a lot of candid pics of the parties thus far.
@RedCarpet: E! Channel’s official red carpet twitter account with photos and commentary for every major red carpet event.
Tony Bennett’s comeback season has been luring for several years, it continues to reign with his John Mayer collaboration on “One For My Baby (And One More for the Road)”
It’s a tasteful cover of a classic, but what is most fascinating is their mutual love and respect for the music and eachother. The clip is a part of Bennett’s upcoming DVD special that also features his duets with Aretha Franklin, Lady Gaga, Willie Nelson, Michael Buble and many others.
Bennett’s follow up to his triple-Grammy winning “Duets I” album is closer to his jazz and classic repertoire and also features one of the last recordings and music videos from Amy Winehouse, “Body and Soul,” before her death on July 23, 2011. It has plenty of surprises like Lady Gaga taking on “The Lady is a Tramp.”
“Duets II: The Great Performance” DVD is set for release on March 6.
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to date one of the biggest pop stars in the world?
Lady Gaga seems like she’s too hot to handle in relationship. She’s constantly touring and shooting flamboyant videos. She must also have one of the weirdest closets of all time. She’s the type of girl to wear 10-inch platforms and dresses made out of cold cuts. The 25-year-old isn’t your typical girl next door that her current boyfriend desperately wants her to be.
30-year-old actor/model Taylor Kinney, has been by her side for the past six months. In Touch Magazine writes Taylor’s the one who keeps Gaga grounded the most.
Gaga, who’s known to be a dramatic diva, is told by Taylor to “check her alter-ego at the door” when they’re together. Sources say the singer’s trying to tone down her crazy look and partying habits for her boyfriend. We’ll see how long this will last.