By Jasmine Williams
It looks like the honeymoon is over for Snooki and JWoww. After returning from a less-than-stellar vacation in Cancun, reality hits the girls hard. Snooki’s wondering whether she should live with JWoww; JWoww’s wondering if she should stay with Roger; Jionni’s wondering if Snooki will make a good mother; I’m wondering if I can rock their red hair extensions. My life needs more drama in it. Obviously.
Here’s what I learned on this week’s “Snooki and JWoww.”
1. Snooki is being a great friend to JWoww, even though JWoww wasn’t really there for her. Snooki going to Spring Break, which everybody knows is a tequila-soaked hot mess, while pregnant and therefore sober, was a bad idea. Let’s just establish that fact now. But, JWoww could have made it easier by not partying and drinking every night because that’s what good friends are for. Snooki was definitely the better BFF in this episode, consoling JWoww while her boyfriend was being a real buttface to her. And speaking of Roger…
2. He definitely crossed a line. It seems that JWoww, despite being a total fox, is really insecure. Every time Roger breaks plans with her, she freaks out and starts screaming and crying. I’m sorry, but no guy wants to hang out with that girl. But, Roger isn’t helping the situation by comparing their relationship to Snooki and Jionni’s and saying that she deserves to be with her ex. That was a low blow. JWoww might have some issues, but Roger’s making it worse by being so mean to her. This relationship needs to end and soon.
3. Snooki and JWoww are incapable of being mature, anywhere. After all of the drama, the girls let off some steam at JWoww’s cooking class. Instead of being mature adults, they giggle because the pasta they roll looks like an uncircumcised penis. And then they hit each other with it. Does anybody else feel bad for the other people in the class?
By Jasmine Williams
This week, we get to learn a little bit more about the Top 16 dancers. The weirdest tidbits? Lindsay has a foot phobia, and Eliana killed her pet bird by sleeping on it. Maybe we learned a little too much. And while the dancers’ unusual secrets might be memorable, their routines this week were definitely not. A lot of the routines didn’t quite hit the mark, and got some rough critiques from the judges. Better luck next time?
Here are the top five performances from this week’s episode of So You Think You Can Dance:
1. Charlie Chaplin-esque group routine
This number focused mysteriously around a bright red umbrella. With a bit of TV magic, the umbrella stood out beautifully against the colourless dancers. The costuming was also brilliant, complete with fake mustaches, baggy pants, and suspenders. Even the choreography seemed to mirror Chaplin’s jerky movements and odd characters. All in all, a very cool routine.
2. Amber and Brandon “sultry and soulful” jazz
I don’t know about the audience, but I felt like I needed a fan and a glass of water watching this routine. It was as hot and steamy as a summer in the deep South. Amber looked completely in her element and Brandon was a strong and supportive partner. My favourite part? When Brandon pushed a chair across the stage, which Amber sat on without even looking at it! How do they do that?!
3. Amelia and Will’s quirky contemporary Read more…
By Jasmine Williams
It must be opposite day because resident baddie Bianca is finishing quizzes early, Queen Bee Marisol is dating Mo, and Degrassi power couple Katie and Drew are on the rocks. Oh well, I guess it just wouldn’t be Degrassi if things stayed the same for too long, and isn’t that why we keep watching?
Here’s what I learned on this week’s Degrassi, “Hollaback Girl Part 1.”
1) Bianca’s back and is trying to change. Her grades are up, and she’s getting through her probation one urine sample at a time. However, when she gets university advice from Katie, she seems more concerned with Bianca’s drug connections than her GPA. Looks like someone’s painkiller habit is still going strong.
2) After last week’s kiss, Mo and Marisol are still flirting and are very on. At least in private. When Connor spots them holding hands in the hallway, Marisol backs off and says that they’re not official. Is Marisol having second thoughts about Mo?
3) Dave wants to visit Jacinta in the hospital and Allie can’t help but feel uncomfortable with her boyfriend seeing his ex-hookup, even if she did just have major surgery. But when she finds a “Get well soon, Jacinta” Facerange page, she also finds a bunch of comments blaming Dave for the accident. Ouch, as if the guy wasn’t feeling bad enough. Read more…