A convicted felon is claiming he shot and robbed rapper Tupac Shakur, reports CTV.
New York City police have begun investigating the online posting, which was posted on the website AllHipHop.com.
The posted claims he was paid $2,500 by another hip hop mogul to rob Shakur outside a studio in Manhattan in 1994, where Tupac suffered gunshot wounds but eventually recovered. He was later killed in 1996 by an unknown killer.
Police are trying to determine if the post is truthful and plan on interviewing the prisoner.
“Now I would like to clear up a few things, because the statute of limitations is over, and no one can be charged, and I’m just plain tired of listening to your lies,” the man says in the posting. ”I still have as proof the chain we took in the robbery.”
This may be a publicity stunt, or simply a confession that’s been eating him up on the inside. Either way, we won’t know if it’s true or not until the police investigate. Just a couple of weeks ago, a fake story was posted claiming Tupac is still alive, so you never know with these stories.
Natalie was found to have 13 bags of cocaine in her purse after the car she was riding in was pulled over by Glendale, California police. Natalie has pleaded guilty to felony cocaine possession and has received a deferred judgment that could result in the charge being dismissed, reports PopEater.
The D.A. in the case tells PopEater Mejia will be required to undergo counseling and attend classes for the next 18 month
Allison Coss and Scott Sippola were found guilty of their alleged extortion of the John Stamos on Thursday, reports People.com. The couple told Stamos that they had photos of him with cocaine, among other things, that they were going to sell to the tabloids. They wanted $860,000 for pictures that didn’t even exist according to federal prosecutors.
Following the courts guilty verdict yesterday, the actor took to his Twitter account to release a statement condemning them.
“I am shocked and perplexed how individuals could fabricate so many false stories in an effort to defend a crime. I agreed to be a witness for a federal criminal prosecution and endured countless false accusations about my behavior and appropriateness,” he wrote. “The allegations made regarding an inappropriate relationship are completely untrue. These slanderous allegations to smear my reputation were part of their defense to redirect attention away from the federal crime of extortion.”
Stamos was there to testify in court and is glad that they have received what was coming to them. Stamos’ statement continues, “They lied about everything from a pregnancy to compromising photos. I’m grateful these two criminals have been found guilty and I plan to go home to be with my family and friends and prepare to get back to work.”
Chris Brown was sentenced today to five years probation and six months hard labour for assaulting Rihanna earlier this year, according to TMZ.com. Brown pleaded guilty to felony assault.
Judge Patricia Schnegg ruled Brown must stay 100 yards away from Rihanna at all times, in the exception of entertainment events where he must stay 10 yards away. This ruling extends for five years. According to TMZ.com, Public Information Officer Sandi Gibbons said Judge Schnegg also told Brown the sentence is not a slap on the wrist and she is aware of his celebrity status. She said she will sentence him to prison time if he violates his probation.
Kevin Cogill, a U.S. blogger accused of posting leaked tracks from the latest Guns N’ Roses album “Chinese Democracy,” pleaded guilty to a criminal charge of copyright violation in Los Angeles.
Cogill admitted to posting nine of fourteen tracks from the Guns N’ Roses album to his online blog in June. Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose had been working on the songs for over a decade.
Cogill, 28, initially pleaded not guilty to the federal charges in October, and the blogger must now cooperate with any further investigation. This may include disclosing how he got access to the leaked tracks.
He faces a $100,000 US fine, five year’s probation and a maximum of one year in federal prison.
“Chinese Democracy” was officially released in November, with much anticipation.
Last year, Akon threw a fan off the stage during a performance in New York. The singer appeared in court on Wednesday (December 17) in Fishkill, New York and pleaded guilty for the incident according to E! Online.
Akon had originally pleaded not guilty to the charges filed after he tossed a 15 year-old off the stage in June of 2007. The incident was caught on tape by fans.
The singer reached a deal to plead guilty to second-degree harassment. He was fined $350 and ordered to serve 65 hours of community service. Akon will have to reappear in the Fishkill court if he is arrested during the next 12 moths.
“We are pleased that the case has been resolved,” said a statement released by Akon’s attorney, Andrea Zellan, “and Akon looks forward to putting this unfortunate incident behind him”.
A blogger from Los Angeles that has been accused of leaking tracks from “Chinese Democracy,” the new album from American rock band “Guns N’ Roses,” has agreed to plead guilty according to E! Online.
Kevin Cogill has agreed to plead guilty to one misdemeanor count of federal infringement. Cogill, 27, remains free on $100,000 bail.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Craig Missakian told ‘Wired’ that in the hearing taking place on December 8, Cogill will acknowledge the fact that he anticipated the new songs on his website.
The blogger’s lawyer told E! News last month a felony charge had been downgraded to the misdemeanor count, carrying a maximum term of one year in prison. Attorney David Kolyanides said as a first time-offender, it is likely the prosecutors would settle with a probation as opposed to a term in prison.
“Chinese Democracy” is set to release on November 23, 2008.
Former O.C. star Mischa Barton has accepted a plea deal in her DUI case.
The deal will save the young star from spending any time in jail, People magazine reports. Barton is set to plead no contest and accept three years of unsupervised probation at her arraignment on Thursday.
Barton’s other charges will also be lessened. The marijuana possession charge will be dropped and the “charge of driving without a license will be reduced to an infraction,” according to the magazine’s source.
The 22-year-old will also have to go to alcohol education classes for three months.
She was arrested on Dec. 27 after she was found weaving between traffic.
She may have done the time, despite claiming not having done the crime, but Martha Stewart still has new charges to face regarding her insider trading.
Stewart had until the end of yesterday to answer civil charges on her insider trading. If she wins the case, she could be reinstated president and CEO of Stewart Living Omnimedia, which she had to step down from when criminal charges against her were pending.
However, if she was found guilty, Stewart would face a fine as opposed to more jail time.
Stewart spent five months in jail and months under house arrest after being found guilty of insider trading. Stewart has maintained her innocence in the scam