The smoking hot guys from The Wanted performed an acoustic cover of “I Found You” during ANDPOP’s LIVE interview with them. They’re amazing artists in the studio but they proved they can put on a wicked acoustic show too.
As always, the guys let loose while performing — clapping to the beat, laughing with each other and fooling around. Especially little Nathan, who stole the show.
Watch it here
Major LOLs during their performance for ANDPOP
One of my favourite things about The Wanted is that they don’t take themselves too seriously. They started off our live-stream with not one, but two acoustic performances— ’I Found You’ and ‘Glad You Came.’ If you didn’t catch what all the laughing was about, they were making sexual noises during GYC. I see what you did there. [skittlesforjay]
Drunk in the studio?
Even though the guys are constantly busy on the road, they’re making time for their new album coming out early next year. Nathan blurt out, “When was the last time you were in the studio Jay?” He didn’t quite remember if it was yesterday… or the day before. Who could blame him, really? [nodoyjay]
Tom Parker 2.0
Jordan wanted to know what it would take to be a member of The Wanted. After him and Tom reversed roles, he showed off his British accent and suggested he could be the rapper in the group. When TW’s manager Scooter Braun called in, he even said he liked the new Tom better. Could it happen? [thewantedsexgods]
Siva knows what’s up
Nathan may be the youngest out of the guys, but don’t question him when it comes down to his vocal cords. That solo in ‘I Found You’ says it all. Wow. [teamjaythan]
Too close for comfort?
During the lyric, “I’m glad you came,” Nathan couldn’t help but give a little grip onto Siva’s leg. He was like — uh no. It’s okay Nathan, I’m single. [nathanns]
The world is coming to an end Read more…
About discovering love in an unexpected place, the song features bouncy synths and a quick tempo. This song was also produced by Steve Mac, who also worked on ‘Glad You Came.’
What do you think of the new tune? While it sounds a lot like their first single, my prediction says they’ll do well with this new single. Because really, who doesn’t like a catchy tune to dance along to?
We’re obsessing over Mike Stud’s rap version of The Wanted’s “Glad You Came,” which he loaded on YouTube for #SundayStudDay. It quickly started trending which prompted the rapper to comment on Twitter:
We’re not surprised. I love a good cover, even more so when the artist takes liberties by penning some original lyrics and adding some instrumentals.
I’m a huge fan of The Wanted, so when I was searching for their song “Glad You Came” on YouTube and came across this Toronto cover project called Virginia to Vegas, it was a total win. Virginia to Vegas is headed by DJ Baker, a singer and songwriter, trying to make a name for himself in the Canadian music industry. Below is his newest cover of UK bad boys’ “Glad You Came,” sung in an old school, classy way. Baker has also covered Justin Bieber’s new single “Boyfriend,” Coldplay’s “Paradise” and Chris Brown ft. Justin Bieber’s “Next 2 You.” His YouTube channel already has a little over 100,000 views and counting. I see big things coming for this guy! Oh and did I mention I dig his hipster style?
We absolutely love these guys. The Wanted are some of the most down to earth, hilarious pop-superstars we’ve ever interviewed. They owe a lot of their success to one man in particular, Scooter Braun. Ever since they signed with Scooter the guys have hit some major milestones, including being #1 with their new EP here in Canada. In this interview @jordans_life talks to The Wanted about being under Scooter’s wing and taking Justin Bieber out for drinks (when he’s legal).
The Wanted’s Tom Parker revealed the real meaning of their song “Glad You Came” and none of us are surprised. We talk about this and Katy Perry dancing to Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” with her friends.
Does anyone actually believe “Glad You Came” is about a fresh-faced guy that’s glad his crush accepted his invitation to a party? “I do say, I AM quite glad you decided to come to this soiree.” Um no guys, it’s about orgasms.
What we already knew was confirmed by TMZ (well, kind of) when a cameraman caught Tom Parker insinuating its true meaning.
In the video interview, which was shot in New York, Parker and bandmate Siva Kaneswaran are singing with fans. On the last verse Parker changes the lyrics to “I’m glad you GUSHED” and gestures near his crotch.
Whatever happened to boy bands of the 90s that sang about first date butterflies and eternal love?
Watch the interview here:
Our hearts melt for The Wanted’s acoustic cover of Goo Goo Dolls’ “Iris,” which is making us all nostalgic for 1998. The guys stopped by Slacker Radio in San Diego for the live performance and really showed off their harmonies. While we love all the guys, we think Tom’s voice really stands out in this version.
The guys also performed an acoustic cover of “Glad You Came,” which puts a whole new spin on the dance-worthy tune. For all those people who think boy bands can’t sing, we present the rebuttal.
After our ‘andPOP pick me ‘ contest we had a bunch of phone numbers and we decided it would be stupid to let them go to waste. That lead to @jordans_life asking The Wanted if they wanted to prank call a fan. The end result was far better (or worse depending on how you look at it) than we could have ever imagined. The good news is Vanessa (the fan we called) was so happy when she found out it was them! If you want to be our next victim like our Facebook page to see when our next contest is happening!
Have you ever dreamed The Wanted are singing about you? Do you want to be the subject of their attention? andPOP is going to make your dream come true (kind of).
Here’s the deal:
We want you to submit a video message directed to the band. You can talk about anything you want! You can tell them why you’re such a big fan, confess a crush or even ask a question. It’s YOUR video, so have fun with it!
We’re going to pick our favourite video and show it to them! The winner is going to get their very own video from Max, Jay, Siva, Tom and Nathan! They’re going to see you, hear you and watch everything you say!
Put on something nice and upload your message to Youtube with the title “andPOP Pick Me: The Wanted.”
Hint: we’re looking for a video that is exciting, fun to watch and it helps if you get lots of views on Youtube. Good luck!
When I was in grade two my parents couldn’t separate me from my Nick Carter T- shirts and Backstreet Boys CDs. If you walked into my room, you’d see posters of
my love Nick plastered all over my bedroom walls. I even convinced my young and delusional self that when I became of age I would be known to the world as Mrs. Carter, even if it took excessive stalking coupled with voodoo magic.
Now, even though I’m older and slightly more mature I can’t stop my old symptoms from returning when I see boy bands like The Wanted, One Direction and Big Time Rush. Girls everywhere have an undying thirst for these smooth talking, ballad-singing, handsome guys. And I’m okay with that. Here’s why:
1) It’s been too long since I’ve relished in an upbeat, though formulaic, pop song. Ever since boy bands of yore bowed gracefully off the music scene, the radio has been filled with auto-tuned dance music. While I enjoy breaking it down every once in awhile, I miss those cheesy songs that make a girl feel… well, special. The songs that make you picture Justin Timberlake holding your hand and serenading you in front of all your friends. [Tugs on collar] Or am I the only one who imagines that? Anyone?
2) Have you seen One Direction’s Harry Styles? Harry you may call me if you’re reading this. With this new wave of boy bands you can crush on any of them guilt free. Members of old boy bands aren’t exactly boys anymore! The main reason we outgrew them isn’t just because they’re old; because trust me I do have a thing for older guys. Our favorite members are now married and have children, so it’s kind of hard to crush on them when you know their wives are waiting by the stage exit.
3) I’ll gladly indulge in a little more fandom. For those of you who were too young to see the Backstreet Boy’s first concert, to know Justin Timberlake pre-movies and solo career, or to know that the first real boy band was not the Jonas Brothers, then I will tell you: you will always have a favourite boy band and compete with fans of other boy bands. I for one am still head over heels obsessed with the Backstreet Boys and I may have cried a little when I saw them last summer at their reunion concert. But they were tears of joy.
The Wanted “Glad You Came”
4) The Wanted’s single “Glad You Came” is perfect for a day at the beach with your closest friends. My favourite memory will always be me and my friends rocking out to pop songs while reading the latest J14 issue. Boy bands create a soundtrack for your youth, whether you realize it or not.
5) Boy bands just overall make me feel happy “You don’t know you’re beautiful. That’s what makes you beautiful” I mean what girl wouldn’t feel instantly happy when they hear that on the radio?
One Direction “What Makes You Beautiful”