“Dancing with the Stars” contestant, Cristian de la Fuente, is recovering from surgery to his left arm in his home in Los Angeles.
“Thank you to everyone for their concern and well wishes,” de la Fuente said in a statement to “People” magazine.
Dr. Neal S. Elattrache said he was able to get a “perfect repair of the bicep,” but “Cristian will spend about a week in a splint, then start rehab.” De la Fuente is expected to fully recover in about three months.
Although de la Fuente lost in last week’s “Dancing With the Stars” season finale, the actor, along with dance partner Cheryl Burke, danced their way to the top three.
Although “Dancing with the Stars” contestant, Cristián de la Fuente, may have injured himself pretty badly while performing on the show last week, the television actor says he will still be performing in the show. “This Monday we will be dancing,” said de la Fuente, at the Race to Erase MS gala in Los Angeles. “We have the tango and the mambo.”
Ultimately, even if de la Fuente is able to dance, he will have to undergo surgery. “They have to reattach the tendon to the bone,” he said. “They put you to sleep, do the surgery and then you have a month and a half recovery.” De la Fuente was at the 15th annual Race to Erase MS gala benefiting the Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis on Saturday.