TMZ is reporting that former ladywrestler Chyna was admitted to UCLA medical centre earlier today. Initially it was thought that she had alcohol poisoning, especially due to her complicated past with the substance, but it was later discovered that she overdosed on Benadryl.
Chyna took 4 to 5 times the suggested dosage of the allergy medicine to help her sleep last night. She woke up this morning unable to walk and with intense nausea.
It looks like the WWE star is going to be fine. She’s been put on an IV drip in the ER to rehydrate and will probably be released soon.
Chyna’s substance abuse problems came to light on Dr. Drew’s Celebrity Rehab, where she openly admitted to having a severe alcohol dependency. Hopefully that addiction hasn’t been transferred over to Benadryl! That stuff can’t be good for you in high doses.
Maybe try some Sleepy time tea next time, Chyna Doll?