By Christina Pellegrini
Can we say OMG?! This finale was one for the books! I can’t say I thought much of it until the final few scenes, when Nate was given the videotape and Blair FINALLY fought for Chuck! The finale left us with many unsolved plot lines, and thankfully no corny pregnancy scares. As always, tonight’s episode taught me a lot.
1) Good things come to those who work for it. Blair knows that it won’t be a breeze to get Chuck back but she’s prepared to work for it. Hopefully they can bring Bart down together. What was the point of that guy’s return if he was just going to fall back into his nasty ways so quickly? But as a side note, I have to admit, I had a smile on my faces when I saw Blair sit down beside Chuck and was happier with the ending!
2) Like mother like daughter. Serena’s headed in a downward spiral but it looks like Lily is headed down the same path too. Whether it’s drugs or Bart, they’re both hazardous to a person’s well being. Just ask Chuck, as he’s frequently been exposed to both. On the flip side, I am confident that Eleanor will prepare Blair well for the fashion world, and help her create her own empire. Read more…
By Christina Pellegrini
This entire episode couldn’t live up to the last five minutes of last week’s. With all the unanswered questions and confusion, this was just a filler episode to pass time until the finale. It wasn’t a bad episode, but it just seemed dry, probably not the best build up to the finale.
Nonetheless, here are five things I learned on last night’s episode, “The Fugitives.”
1) Daddy, where art thou? So much for making up for lost time. Chuck and Bart hardly spent any time together. But at least eventually, Chuck and Bart were on the same side and were able to get rid of the posed danger. Things are looking up for Chuck and some unanswered questions were solved.
2) Ensure that your private investigator doesn’t need private investigating. Poor Andrew Tyler wasn’t on the Bass family’s good side anymore and of course, they got the final say. Andrew can kiss his future goodbye as I am sure Chuck and Bart will ensure it’s spent behind bars.
3) Nothing can come between true friends. Too bad Serena and Blair aren’t as good friends as we hoped. Serena’s dark side is being shown for all to see, when Gossip Girl comes back with a bang. Looks like Serena crossed the line and the future of Blair, Dan, Serena and Chuck are all at stake. Read more…