By Galen Simmons
As the weather begins to cool down and we start to get more busy with that looming threat to our free time otherwise known as school, stress can become a very affluent factor governing the course of our daily lives. The nightmares of late-night cram sessions and last-minute essay scribbling, — which had once seemed so distant — are now flooding our consciousness with worry and doubt. Or, at least, they’re scaring the hell out of me.
So I thought I’d provide a list of activities that help me forget about getting a job, or paying for school, or even just getting up early to go to class, which, by all means, I should be very stressed about. [supreme-kidz]
How to de-stress
1. Go for a walk. Who doesn’t enjoy a nice walk now and then? The fresh air will clear your
2. Listen to music. A peaceful playlist can do wonders for your psyche. Try these.
3. Watch TV. One of my favourite mindless distractions to life’s real problems. May we suggest New Girl? [insertsnazzyurlhere]
4. Read a book. It’s like TV, but it comes on paper. [ilikedraw]
5. Watch a movie. Your favourite movie from childhood often does the trick.
6. Intoxicate thyself. For thy problems shall soon be forgotten. [kaitlynnnnnn14]
7. Rob a bank. Stressed about paying for school? Easy solution.
8. Go for a run. Probably from the cops if you followed 7’s advice. [confessionsofacrazyderpette]
9. Take over a small island nation. Governing a country will soon make your school stress seem insignificant.
10. Learn Kung Foo. Then go ape-shit on anybody who causes you stress. [bruceleeshrine]
11. Make friends with someone shorter than you. It’s a good confidence booster too.
12. Break into model homes to steal the plastic furniture. It’s a victimless crime… other than real estate companies, but I would still say it’s okay.
13. Bounce on a trampoline. I love trampolines. [reidius]
14. Go to a park and yell at the birds. Those smug assholes need to be taken down a peg.
15. Write a letter to your favourite dictator. Dear Mussolini…
16. Start a cult devoted to Charlie Sheen. Winning. [dirtyy-diamondss]
17. Cook a tuna casserole. That shit is delicious.
18. Eat a tuna casserole. That shit is delicious.
19. Write FOX’s new hit reality TV series. Easy to do, stress free, and lots of cash.
20. Angrily quit from jobs you don’t have, to bosses you don’t know. [diylol]
21. Start a drug cartel and base it in northern Saskatchewan. They’ll never find you.
22. Take a swim in a public fountain. Good for hot days.
23. Fake a mental breakdown. I hear hospital food has gotten better.
24. Start a mariachi band. Use it for evil. [tsumi7]
25. Write a list of ways to ignore stress. Then, when you’re halfway done, forget what you were writing about and ramble incoherently for a while.
By Jade Mackey
When I started my first semester of college this year I came prepared. I brought my Justin Bieber phone case and pink Victoria’s Secret planner with me to add a little fun to potentially droll study sessions. Cute accessories like these might make slugging through that essay on British literature or quantitative research a little more bearable. It’s the small details that count.
This year, opt for floral backpacks, glitter pens and neon notebooks.
Here are some of my faves:
Tribal Lace Backpack, Polyvore, $47
Justin Bieber Phone Case, Cellairis, $28
Don’t bring that expensive phone to school without protection. Check out this new limited edition line of cases by Cellairis, featuring the one and only, Justin Bieber.
Student Planner, Victoria’s Secret, $15
Write all your assignments in these collegiate-themed planners by Victoria’s Secret. It has just the right amount of glitter for your glamorous personality.
I hope Jimmy Kimmel pays for all the therapy the kids he pranked will need in their future. In the past, Kimmel has challenged parents to steal their kids Halloween candy or convince them to embrace Silverstoning. Usually the kids don’t find the pranks as funny as their parents, who are probably keeled over on the ground laughing because their kid threw a fit.
This time, Kimmel told parents to gift their kids ugly back to school outfits and load their reaction on YouTube under the title “I Got My Kid a Horrible Back to School Outfit.” As we all know from the brutal days of elementary school, a poorly assembled outfit can result in a horrible school year — that’s just playground logic.
Naturally, all the kids refused to wear their outfits, except for one precious feline who looked pretty suave in a crossing guard uniform.
Watch it here:
While we personally think going natural is the most beautiful look, sometimes it’s fun to experiment with your makeup before class too. Simply applying a coat of mascara and dab of blush can go a long way by making you look more awake for your early morning tutorial.
Remember that applying makeup is all about enhancing your features, so don’t go crazy with that bronzer and glitter wand! We hunted down some of our fave makeup tutorials online to give you some inspiration for your first day of class.
1. If you’re late for class
This video by Macbarbie07 will definitely come in handy when you’re in a rush to get to class. Not only does it perfect the messy/chic bun but it also gives you affordable makeup options. However, there’s no way you’re actually going to watch this when you’re running late. So watch it now for ideas!
2. If you’re going for the natural look
For those of you who don’t like wearing a lot of makeup, this video definitely perfects the natural look. And for those of you who love wearing a lot of makeup, still check out this tutorial by skindeepbeautytips because a little make up goes a long way!
3. If you want to glam up your eyes Read more…
Colours VS. Patterns
Sadly, getting back into the routine of classes is around the corner, and if you’re already there,we feel for you. On the bright side, going back to school comes with back to school shopping. You can still feel like you’re walking on sunshine with these fashionable backpacks. Which would you choose? [teenjournal]
Bring your non-existant boyfriends to school with you
Is it just me, or having these star-studded notebooks would actually give me the motivation to do my homework? Not only are they totally cute to carry around (and I wouldn’t be embarrassed about it), you can just doze off and stare at their pretty faces during a boring lecture.
Decorating your dorm
Sometimes when you’re off to college, you don’t actually get the living accommodations you thought you’d have. In the end, you have to make the best of it. I really like how this girl has all her necessities (desk, bed, fridge) as well as organizing bins to save space and clutter. You can never go wrong with bringing along pics of friends & family to feel more at home. [tarynxoox]
DIY Nails Read more…