Portlandia star Fred Armisen is starting a new YouTube project that challenges you to stop smiling and be serious for 30 seconds of your life. The project, aptly called ”Be Serious For 30 Seconds,” will have users submit edited or unedited videos of themselves being serious just for kicks. It’s not a competition and the videos can be scripted or improvised. Now let’s get down to business.
Here are the rules:
1) It has to be serious.
2) It must be 30 seconds or less.
3) There can be no more than two people in it.
4) There has to be one five second dramatic pause
5) There must be one cutaway of an object.
6) You must do you best acting job possible.
7) It must end with a door slamming.
Now that you’re up to speed, watch Armisen describe the rules in more detail and show you an example of what he means, below.