With the 88th annual Academy Awards just around the corner, we here at ANDPOP have noticed that the interwebz is a little parched — #thirsty if you will — for one of Hollywood’s biggest stars to FINALLY win one of those coveted golden statues, and for obvious reasons.
There is no denying that Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the best actors on screen today. His incredible (not to mention physically punishing) performance in The Revenant has already earned him a Golden Globe, a BAFTA and a SAG award this year — which has fans holding onto the hope that Leo will take home an Oscar for the first time in his long, illustrious career.
Although we’d be lying if we said we haven’t laughed at the Oscar jokes that have become synonymous with his name, we do want to see one of our favourite actors finally receive the recognition he rightfully deserves.
Until then, we’ve compiled our favourite .gifs, memes & posts that sum up Tumblr’s hopes (and, okay, ours too) with Leo’s potential Oscar win.
Here are 20 times Tumblr was #THIRSTY for Leonardo DiCaprio’s first Oscar win:
1. IT’S WITHIN REACH LEO
3. Academy, get your shit together
4. WHERE IS IT? WHERE?!
5. The truth…it hurts
6. Well, they say if you want something done right…
7. JUST LOOK AT THAT EMOTION!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ACADEMY?!
8. The thirst is REAL
9. Even the patrons of this Icelandic hot dog establishment want to right this injustice
10. The real reason Leo wrestled that bear
11. Don’t let this become a reality
12. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, WHAT IS YOUR DEAL ACADEMY?!
14. Alternate movie title: Leonardo DiCaprio & The Oscars Of The Lost Art
15. How rude
16. This pie chart says it all
18. Please, let the nightmare end
19. Sick and cruel
20. The queen has spoken