I don’t get obsessed with many acts, but I am obsessed with Years and Years.
After releasing single after single in the U.K., the British-Australian trio are poised to make a major breakthrough in North America this year. Comprised of frontman and keyboardist Olly Alexander (also recognizable for his roles in Skins, God Help The Girl, and The Riot Club), bassist Mikey Goldsworthy and the synth player Emre Turkmen, Years and Years have cultivated a unique electronic-pop-dance sound that makes us want to dance and cry at the same time.
After releasing songs like “Real,” “Take Shelter” and “Desire” in 2014, the band released their North American Y&Y EP in February. Now the band are gearing up to drop their full-length album, Communion, in July (OMG!) and perform on The Late Night With Seth Meyers TONIGHT.
Because we’re such big fan girls here at ANDPOP, here are 15 reasons why you need to jump on the Years and Years bandwagon before they hit it big:
15. Their love for cats and dogs makes us want to become a furry little creature just so we can be held by them.
14. They’re the pokemons I would choose.
A photo posted by Olly Alexander (@ollyyears) on
13. If all fails with music and acting (which it won’t), Olly can always be an artist. Just look at the photo Olly is sketching during an interview
12. There are a few recognizable faces in their music videos (asides from their own, of course)
Emily Browning in “Take Shelter”…
Ben Whishaw and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett in “Real”…
11. They’re in love with Ariana Grande. (Aren’t we all?!)
10.Olly’s dance moves are on point.
9.You can both dance and cry to their songs
8.They all can play different instruments. They’re hella talented.
7. They all have adorable smiles (OMG, EMRE!)
the obi wan to my luke skywalker A photo posted by Emre Turkmen (@emreyears) on
6. Olly gets shy about singing unless he’s with his band. Awww! (Starts at 6:30)
5. Olly’s curls
4.They’re adorable when it comes to their fans
A photo posted by Rachel Post (@rdpost) on
 Troubadour (4/6) // I’ll have to grow a few more inches, but this is one of my favorite pictures from last night ???? A photo posted by cindy nam (@cindyears) on
3.The covers are next level shit.
2. Mikey’s “Hi, Mom!” at the end of their acceptance speech at the Woodie Awards Is Our Everything
1.They even have these celebs stamp of approval
@ollyyears @yearsandyears great show tonight! Vocals for dayzzzzz A photo posted by ADAMLAMBERT (@adamlambert) on
OMFG @katyperry CAME TO OUR SHOW IN NYC. THANK YOU KATY AND THANK YOU NYC FOR WATCHING US ?????? A photo posted by Years & Years (@yearsandyears) on
Years and Years’ debut album Communion drops July 05 2015. More info HERE!