CVIRO’s (pronounced Cairo, like the Egyptian city) is the kind of music that instantly strikes a chord. It’s impossible to fail to pick up on the truth and honesty of his lyrics encased in the smooth R&B melodies. But unlike other R&B songsters,’ CVIRO’s music has an unmistakeable edge and rawness that makes it relevant. Stay tuned for his first EP Elevation, scheduled to drop this September.
Origins: Sydney, Australia
Full name: He prefers to go only by CVIRO.
Known for: CVIRO is known for his powerful vocals and unashamedly emotional lyrics.
Used in a sentence: CVIRO will make you feel all moody in the best way.
File next to: The Weeknd, Miguel
Download now: “Faded”
Five fun facts:
1. CVIRO’s stage name comes from a strange obsession with Egyptian mythology that led to the nickname Cairo. The “V” in CVIRO is an upside down “A.”
2. CVIRO is a self-described “dope Dj.”
3. He would love to work with Jhene Aiko.
4. He is planning to leave his hometown of Sydney for the Los Angeles scene.
5. CVIRO is a bit of a conspiracy theorist.
2013 He released “High Society” featuring Vinny Cha$e
2013 He released “Faded” and his fist music video for the song
2013 He released his single “187″
Got a good girl but in the end it’s not enough to keep my attention/Fucked up world, where I can’t even keep my eyes straight just for one second/You see, I know why I did you wrong, situations are unusual/But I’m sorry that I’m not sorry /I’m fucked up, I’m faded again, again/Girl sticks to me saying ‘fuck you and your friends’/Man, I couldn’t really give a fuck, I’m faded once again