The movie Madagascar has turned itself into franchise with two other movies and a television show dedicated to its rag-tag team of penguins. Let’s also not forget the number of shorts and its long line of merchandise the franchise based on zoo animals can also boast.
The Madagascar movies just get better and better, and have managed to rope in an older demographic. Everyone loves the hilarious characters, implicit innuendos, sharp humour and larger than life plot lines. It also helps that the franchise has a star-studded cast that include David Schwimmer, Chris Rock, Ben Stiller, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
In the most recent instalment, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, their devoted audience has been introduced to a Russian tiger, a sexualized grizzly bear, and an emotional sea lion. It only goes up hill from here.
HERE ARE 17 REASONS WHY WE LOVE THE MADAGASCAR FRANCHISE
1) The mischievous penguins
2) Afro Circus
3) Gloria’s fierceness
4) The car chase scenes
5) Some animals are so fluffy you want to put them in your pocket
6) The lemurs’ hysterical dancing
7) An animated circus routine done to Katy Perry’s “Firework”
8) Because this song always got stuck in your head
9) The lemurs sass
10) His schizophrenia
11) Melman’s love for Glora
12) Penguin and monkey pillow fight
13) The Russian tiger
14) It’s feminist undertones
15) It’s social commentary
16) Alex the lion’s social skills
17) Its cheeky references that only parents will get