20. Because it’s the little things this month, that will bring us all a little happiness. Or laughter.
19. Because it’s Chinese New Year February 10! This year is the year of the snake. You are a snake if you were born in 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013. Does a new year means more resolutions? Either way, a fresh start is always a good thing.
18. Harry Styles is single!! Who would’ve thought Taylor Swift and Harry Styles wouldn’t last? I don’t know about you, but I saw this coming a mile away. Either way, he’s single ladies! That’s something to be happy about this month.
17. Because Canadians are finally getting something before the USA! The new Blackberry Q10 and Z10. The Z10 is a touch smart phone, while the Q10 still has the good old keyboard. The two new phones are available Feb. 5!
16. Because it’s winter, so hopefully there aren’t any garden gnomes laying around. A garden gnome is the deadly weapon used in a murder last week. Frederick Gillard, a 76-year-old killed his wife by stabbing her with a garden gnome. I can’t even imagine how this would happen, but regardless, I’m happy the snow is covering them this month.
15. Because Tim Hortons now serves grilled cheese! You might thing, big deal! You haven’t tried it then. Not only is this classic sandwich part of a well-balanced diet, Tim Horton’s makes the best grilled cheese I’ve ever had.
14. Because this man is so excited, it sort of makes me excited too.
13. Because according to an American study, there are only eight percent of people still upholding their new year resolutions. That number will probably fall as the month goes on. For a little motivation, here are some Victoria Secret Models.
12. Because you’re not Chris Brown. Chris Brown and crew were involved in a scuffle with Frank Ocean in West Hollywood last week. He remains under investigation for his role in the fight, but Ocean has said he won’t press any charges. It’s just one thing after another for this entertainer.
11. Because it can’t get any scarier than this right?
10. Because February is the shortest month of the year! Kinda feels like this…
9. Because of the Super Bowl! Now if your not a football fan, you probably still watch the Super Bowl. The halftime show entertaining, and with Beyonce performing this year, it certainly will be a great show. The big difference about the Super Bowl compared to any other major sporting event of the year, is this is the only time we actually want to watch the commercials. If you’re not watching it, Animal Planet has a Puppy Bowl, which is absolutely as cute as it sounds, take a look.
8. Because Spring Break is this month! At least, for Colleges and Universities in Ontario it is. Bring on that sunshine! I mean, study week…
7. Because Drake dropped his first single of his new album he has in the works. The song is titled, “Started from the Bottom,” enjoy!
6. Because, in Toronto, Wiarton Willy, our resident groundhog, predicted an early spring! yay!
5. Because the boy band tour including Boys 2 Men, NKOTB, and 98 degrees, goes on sale this month.
4. Because on Feb. 15 all those Valentine’s chocolates go on sale! So your inner-fat-kid can rejoice and binge away drowning our single sorrows.
3. Because this exists.
2. Because Valentines day is this month! Everyone who’s in a relationship knows this is the month you get spoiled by your lover. Whether its chocolates, flowers, a nice dinner, or all of the above, this month is about romance.
1. Because Justin Bieber’s acoustic album finally came out! We can all listen to “Nothing Like Us,” everyday in February. His voice is perfect on this album, what a talented singer he is. I sort of wish this song was about me, just saying.