This week, the McKinley kids celebrate Britney Spears for the second time, while Rachel continues struggling to prove herself to Cassandra July at NYADA.
Here’s what you need to know from last night’s episode, “Britney 2.0.”
1. It’s Britney week at McKinley — Brittany is in a funk, so the glee kids decide to inspire her by devoting another week to her idol Britney Spears. Unfortunately, the only thing their tribute inspires is a hilarious Britney-esque meltdown from Brittany, which she stages as a way to pay tribute to the pop princess. The whole thing leaves me feeling sorry for Brittany, who is clearly lost without Santana.
2. Rachel’s not sexy — After her bitch of a dance instructor Cassandra lets her know she has zero sex appeal, Rachel attempts to prove her wrong with a performance of the classic “Oops I Did it Again.” She holds her own, but when it comes to sexy, nobody beats Britney Spears in her iconic red jumpsuit.
3. Marley’s crushing on the other Puckerman — The newest glee star and daughter of the lunch lady finds herself falling for McKinley’s newest hottie, Jake Puckerman. All the girls want a piece of him, including me (everyone loves a bad boy, right?). He shows a softer side by sticking up for her mom in the cafeteria, but she later finds out he’s dating another girl. Jake may be playing the field right now, but the chemistry between these two is undeniable.
4. Jake is officially a gleek — Mr. Schuester has been keeping a close watch on Jake and his tough guy antics ever since his glee audition and decides the only way to knock some sense into him is to bring in the original Puckerman. While putting his little bro in his place, Puck still manages to divulge some big bro wisdom by convincing Jake to join glee. If he’s anything like his brother, the club will be good place for Jake to start reforming.
5. Things are heating up between Rachel and Brody — Cassandra July might not think Rachel is sexy, but her smoking hot NYADA shower buddy Brody does. He’s constantly thinking about kissing her while she’s constantly thinking about why Finn isn’t calling her. I think a hookup is bound to happen. I love Finn as much as the next girl, but what do you expect when he’s not there and the guy right in front of her is so swoon-worthy?
Best Performance: Wade/Unique’s verion of “Womanizer.” One word: FIERCE.
Listen to it here: