Usain Bolt had one job to do going into the Olympics and that was to defend his title as the world’s fastest man. While he has since proven himself after dominating in the men’s 100m, 200m and the 4x100m relay, the track star REALLY took it to the next level when he celebrated like a champion.
Hamming it up for the crowd, the media and the viewers back home, some may call Bolt’s celebratory regime a bit over the top. But hey, if you’ve just proven yourself to be THIS naturally gifted, I guess it’s better to savour the moment while you’re at it.
Though many of us may never get the chance to run as fast as Usain Bolt, we all know how good it feels to win. So if you’re ever presented with the wonderful opportunity of winning the biggest competition of your life (an eating contest, a Super Smash Bros. tournament, etc.), here’s a step-by-step guide to celebrate just like the world’s fastest man on the planet.
1. Kiss the track (or the ground you’re standing on)
2. Celebratory push-ups (although it’s not like you’ve just proven your greatness)
3. Point to the world (because you know how awesome it is to feel like you’re on top)
4. Let the crowd touch you (because you know you’re a hot commodity at the moment)
6. Congratulate your compatriots/opponents (because it’s classy and you know they’ve tried)
7. And last but not least, take a ridiculous looking stuffed doll and make it do your trademark pose.