By Christina Pellegrini
Can we say OMG?! This finale was one for the books! I can’t say I thought much of it until the final few scenes, when Nate was given the videotape and Blair FINALLY fought for Chuck! The finale left us with many unsolved plot lines, and thankfully no corny pregnancy scares. As always, tonight’s episode taught me a lot.
1) Good things come to those who work for it. Blair knows that it won’t be a breeze to get Chuck back but she’s prepared to work for it. Hopefully they can bring Bart down together. What was the point of that guy’s return if he was just going to fall back into his nasty ways so quickly? But as a side note, I have to admit, I had a smile on my faces when I saw Blair sit down beside Chuck and was happier with the ending!
2) Like mother like daughter. Serena’s headed in a downward spiral but it looks like Lily is headed down the same path too. Whether it’s drugs or Bart, they’re both hazardous to a person’s well being. Just ask Chuck, as he’s frequently been exposed to both. On the flip side, I am confident that Eleanor will prepare Blair well for the fashion world, and help her create her own empire.
3) All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. Too bad Dan is finding that out the hard way. Now that Rufus and Lily are done along with him and Blair, he’s back to his lowly Brooklyn status. He’s a nobody and has nothing. How will lonely boy expose the Upper East Side? Will he and Georgina be able to paint a brutally honest picture of them?
4) The more things change the more they stay the same. Poor S, she’s all alone and depressed. Not everyone gets their fairytale ending when they say I love you to the object of their affection. With Serena headed nowhere with nothing to look forward to, I wonder, what does her future hold?
5) And the plot thickens… Finally there will be a significant storyline for Nate. He will conquer Gossip Girl in this final season! Hopefully the video recording isn’t misleading. My bets are that his grandfather is the one behind the Gossip Girl scandal, but who knows?
This is a bittersweet goodbye, but not for long, as we shall reunite in a few short months. Until then XOXO, Gossip Girl.