The rebooted X Factor team will be revealed today in NYC and will likely include Britney Spears (who we’ve theorized about for weeks) and Demi Lovato, who has reportedly signed on already. The two would replaced Paula Abdul and former Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger. Other names that have been thrown around include Avril Lavigne, Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey.
Here’s why we’re more like to watch:
1) Although Lovato seems too young to be offering advice to singers who may be twice her age, she’s been around since 2008 when she starred in Camp Rock with the Jonas Brothers.
2) Lovato would likely bring a much needed fresh edge to the show. She’s younger than the other judges and can offer a different perspective.
3) Both Spears and Lovato are relevant. While some judges are able to offer wisdom from their past successes, Spears and Lovato know the business as it stands right now.
4) We’ll just admit it. Part of us will be watching because we’re genuinely curious to see what kind of advice Spears will give.
5) Both of them have staying power. Lovato bounced back after going to rehab for cutting and an eating disorder. And Spears? Well… just watch this.
If the reports are true, will you be more likely to watch?