The last episode before the season finale, “In the Cold Cold Night” certainly did a great job of building suspense. There’s the possibility of an E-Clare reunion, Maya Matlin is breaking out of her older sister’s shadow, Holly J’s back, and it looks like Imogen might actually be into Fiona too! But with Fiona’s major legal troubles, will they ever get a chance to be something more?
Here’s what I learned on this week’s Degrassi, “In the Cold Cold Night.”
1) With Queen Katie out of commission and Marisol as acting president, Fiona sees it as an excellent opportunity to take over student council and get back at Marisol and Katie for being royal idea-stealing beyotches to her. But newly-crowned Marisol isn’t going without a fight, and kicks both Fiona and Imogen out of a meeting. Looks like they need to rethink their hostile takeover plan.
2) Because somehow Katie was doing everything at Degrassi besides Mr. Simpson’s job, the holiday edition of the Degrassi Daily has been postponed until Madame Editor’s return. But Clare is not having it and proposes to write the entire edition herself, including the sports pages. Hmm, good luck with that.
3) With all of her older sister’s drama, the fact that little sis Maya’s is kind of a musical prodigy fell under the radar. But now she’s frustrated with her Grade 9 class and is acting out, music nerd style, which entails improvising on “Ode to Joy” and distracting the other students with her brilliance. She’s gonna have to do more than that to stir up drama at Degrassi.
4) Fiona accidentally confesses her crush on Imogen to Eli, who promises to keep it in the vault but we’ll see how long that lasts in the Degrassi fish bowl. Also, in order to finance her winter carnival student council take-over plan, she forges a check in her mom’s name. I’m pretty sure that’s really illegal, or at least will get her majorly grounded by Mama Coyne. Or get Mama Coyne majorly grounded. Yikes.
5) Clare tries to patch things up with Ally but things are still pretty tattered. Ally accuses of Clare of not being there for her when she needed her and only coming to her now because she needs help with the paper. Which seems very accurate to me. But Connor and KC convince Ally to give her former BFF a second chance. And Clare decides to give her former BF a chance when Eli makes a surprise appearance at her newspaper meeting.