By Jasmine Williams
On tonight’s finale, tears were almost shed at the thought of Nick moving out of the apartment to move in with his old girlfriend Caroline in their brand new place. Also, there’s trouble in paradise with Cece and Schmidt when jealousy rears its ugly head. But in true New Girl fashion, the episode ends with a rad pajama dance party.
Here’s what I learned on last night’s New Girl episode, “See Ya.”
1) Nick is leaving. For real. As in we’re only five minutes into the episode and the moving truck is packed and everything. But Jess isn’t so sure that he should go, Winston is scared of the dark without Nick’s lamp, and the new roommate has a creature in a box so that should be enough of a reason for Nick to never, ever leave.
2) Schmidt freaked out at Cece’s photo-shoot and turned into a metrosexual jealous monster. And when Cece tries to talk to him about it, it turns out that he feels that he’s not good enough for her and that she would never be happy with him. He even tries to set her free like a wild jungle cat kept in a basement. It doesn’t go over well. Hopefully this isn’t the end of Ce-Schmidt.
3) Nick freaks out over moving in with Caroline and drives about 140 miles past his new apartment. But luckily, a phone call from her calms him down. Unluckily, this occurs a couple seconds after he throws his keys into the desert. Definitely not the best timing. But the gang comes to the rescue to help him out.
4) After Nick goes off to find his keys in the dark, without a flashlight (because that’s smart), Jess follows him and they end up finding a coyote instead. I think this is why people say you make bad decisions, Nick. But Jess does her best manic pixie coyote impression and miraculously, scares it away.
5) And he’s back! Seems he couldn’t go through with living with Caroline and he’s back in the apartment. And we couldn’t be happier! It also looks like they’re leaving room for a possible Jess-Nick hook-up with the amount of significant looks between the two. Personally, I think Jess could do better, but they would be super cute together.
That’s it for this season of New Girl! See you in the fall!