By Christina Pellegrini
This entire episode couldn’t live up to the last five minutes of last week’s. With all the unanswered questions and confusion, this was just a filler episode to pass time until the finale. It wasn’t a bad episode, but it just seemed dry, probably not the best build up to the finale.
Nonetheless, here are five things I learned on last night’s episode, “The Fugitives.”
1) Daddy, where art thou? So much for making up for lost time. Chuck and Bart hardly spent any time together. But at least eventually, Chuck and Bart were on the same side and were able to get rid of the posed danger. Things are looking up for Chuck and some unanswered questions were solved.
2) Ensure that your private investigator doesn’t need private investigating. Poor Andrew Tyler wasn’t on the Bass family’s good side anymore and of course, they got the final say. Andrew can kiss his future goodbye as I am sure Chuck and Bart will ensure it’s spent behind bars.
3) Nothing can come between true friends. Too bad Serena and Blair aren’t as good friends as we hoped. Serena’s dark side is being shown for all to see, when Gossip Girl comes back with a bang. Looks like Serena crossed the line and the future of Blair, Dan, Serena and Chuck are all at stake.
4) Old habits die hard. We were all jumping in our seats a little when we saw Serena and Dan finally acting as a couple. It may have been just acting but it was finally a mini plot where they were forced to be together. I missed this and it was refreshing to see. And isn’t it odd that Serena wants Dan now just as much as he wanted her back in high school? Oh, the irony.
5) To understand the future we have to go back in time. We’ve seen the chemistry between Chuck and Blair and there’s certainly hope that they may just wind up together. As a team they are indestructible. It is obvious that they need each other and next week looks promising for their future.
Until the much anticipated finale, XOXO Gossip girl
P.S. I am literally counting sleeps until the finale, hope others are out there with me!