By Jasmine Williams
All-ages comedy nights and painting in strip clubs? These Degrassi kids sure have a lot more freedom and late curfews than I did hin high school. Degrassi’s royalty also suffers a big shake-up that will definitely complicate things for everybody. Because things aren’t complicated enough as they are, right?
Here’s what I learned on this week’s Degrassi, “Hollaback Girl Part 2”:
1) After last week’s kiss, Drew tells Bianca that he wants to be with her and is planning to break things off with Katie. Bianca resists, not wanting to live up to her old home-wrecker reputation. But it seems they’ll never have the chance to be together anyway, when Katie’s sister Maya tells them that Katie overdosed the night before.
2) Mo is, in his eloquent words, “broke as a joke.” So to take Marisol on their perfect first date, he’s going to have to come up with some major moolah and fast. Luckily, good guy Jake hears his plea and offers to hook him up with a painting job, but Marisol cancels before he can even take her out. Ouch.
3) Degrassi has all-ages comedy nights? I obviously went to the wrong high school. Alli takes Dave in an attempt to cheer him up from the Jacinta fiasco, but when he gets called out by the comedian for using his phone while on the date, Dave lashes right back.
4) I guess Jake forgot to mention that his painting job was at a strip club a.k.a. every underage high school boy’s wet dream. Upset at Marisol and cancelling their date, Mo takes pictures with some of the strippers and tweets, them hoping that she sees. But she doesn’t, seeing that she’s too busy dealing with Katie’s problems and her own, now that she has to be acting president. Luckily Mo swallows his pride and promises to be there for her. Awww, happy times!
5) After her overdose, Katie’s parents decide to pull her out of school and send her to rehab. So much for her student council presidency, editor-in-chiefdom, and basically running the entire school. Despite the fact that Katie blamed Bianca for her overdose, Bianca tries to comfort her by telling her that Drew loves her and will be there for her, effectively ruining her own chances for getting back with Drew.