By Christina Pellegrini
WHAT THE HECK?!? Is Bart Bass alive or were my eyes playing tricks on me tonight? I certainly hope it wasn’t my eyes because I’m not even 20! But seriously, didn’t Bart Bass die in season two? I remember watching his funeral THREE YEARS AGO. This episode made my Monday ten times better and I learned a few things too:
1) The ultimate scandal of is faking your death. Too bad the only mastermind to have come up with that one was Bart Bass. But seriously, what’s the point of faking your own death and only bothering to come back now, instead of a year ago when Thorpe was trying to destroy your company? Bart’s timing may be a little off but it’s still the most jaw dropping moment in the series by far.
2) True love triumphs all. Poor Lonely Boy, he’s once again, living up to his nickname. Blair knows she needs to help Chuck out and it’s not just for his expensive cologne. It’s because of their undeniable connection. Dan cannot control destiny and come between the two most powerful characters of all: Blair and Chuck. When Blair didn’t say I love you back to Dan, it further proved that Blair and Chuck’s true love is unquestionable.
3) TTYL Serena. Serena was given the boot by Gossip Girl, with the help of … Lola! We all have to admit, Serena was not as good as the original GG and we all preferred her as the victim instead of the mastermind. She was becoming too excluded and introverted anyways. She needs to become carefree and happy again. We all miss that. And the fact that Lola was the one that caught her, made me secretly happy because Lola seems like the most innocent one on the show…let’s hope it stays that way.
4) Classic Gossip Girl. Even after five seasons she still knows everything, has ultimate control and is able to manipulate people. She will never lose her touch, so it’s too bad that Nate and Serena will never be able to take her down or compete will her. At the end of the episode when she was back, everything felt normal again. Normal felt unusually good in this episode, because the past few episodes were just bizarre.
5) Dorota is the perfect caregiver. She reminds me of a grandmother figure, wise beyond her years and completely focused on taking care of the people that mean most to her in her life. She loves Blair and all the people in Blair’s life, including the newly “victimized” Serena. She is truly a wonderful person and Blair would be a very different person without her wonderful grandmother-figure Dorota, no offence to Eleanor.
Until next week, XOXO, Gossip Girl