By Jasmine Williams
Anyone else think the Russian roommate Nadia stole the show tonight? I died during her date with Schmidt — the deadpan way she pronounced ‘Mickey Mouse’ was priceless! Also, Cece finally tells Schmidt she like likes him. Yay! Can they just get married have little caramel babies already?
Here’s what I learned on this week’s episode of New Girl “Tomatoes.”
1) I think Nick is really starting to go off the deep end. He’s giving up on life, swearing off women and worst of all, starting to plant tomatoes. But I don’t think watering plants with your backwash is how it goes. Spoiler alert: the rooftop farming project goes bust. He hits his lowest point when he rebounds with his terrible ex Caroline, but knowing Nick, this bottom has a trap door.
2) Cece decided to cool things off with Schmidt after their almost-pregnancy. He then spitefully decides to go out with her Russian model roommate, Nadia. Sounds like the old make-her-jealous-so-she’ll-want-you-back trick. We all know that Cece likes him; we just have to wait and see if she’ll finally admit it.
3) Jess invites Russell’s ex-wife to dinner and can’t help but notice the sexual tension between the two of them. And judging by her discomfort, it seems that there’s not enough of that passion in her own relationship. In a classic Jess move, she tries to pick a fight with Russell to ramp up the heat by throwing coasters at his head. Needless to say, this doesn’t end well and the two decide to break up.
4) Winston can’t stop talking about his new girlfriend and how happy and perfect they are for each other and it’s really pissing Nick off. Like really. Like almost stab him with a pitchfork pissed. But it turns out he just misses him and is upset that his life is a giant hole of suck. Okay, he didn’t really say the last part but he has to be thinking it, right?
5) Nadia, the Russian roommate, manages to break Schmidt’s little Schmidt during sex and he ends up in the hospital with an ice pack over his crotch. And in a cliché way that we all saw coming, she admits that she doesn’t like the idea of Schmidt sleeping with other women and actually really likes him! Happy times!