By Jasmine Williams
Cece has a pregnancy scare which has Schmidt dreaming of little Mordecais in his head. While it turns out that she wasn’t actually pregnant, it makes me wonder what’s next for these two. Will Cece ever admit that she actually has feelings for Schmidt? And now that there’s no baby-on-board, was Schmidt’s almost-proposal just an impulse, or are there wedding bells in their future?
Here’s what I learned from last night’s New Girl, “Kids.”
1) Cece appropriately freaks out over the possibility that she might be carrying the spawn of Schmidt. While she may be harbouring secret feelings for our resident douchebag, she’s certainly not ready to be a mother.
2) Jess agrees to babysit Russell’s daughter Sara for the day and although she’s a teacher, she’s not so used to dealing with kids in this way. She tries to turn the day into an opportunity to teach her all about Italy, but preteen Sara is more interested in Jess’ bras and what she has and hasn’t done with her father. Oh and what she’s done with Nick, who the kid develops a massive crush on in a matter of minutes.
3) Winston agrees to babysit his boss for the day. However, when Winston arrives to drive him to a television appearance, his boss pulls his best Hunter S. Thompson impression and runs off twice before they can even make it to the studio. I hope he’s getting paid overtime for this.
4) Cece accidentally tells Schmidt that she’s pregnant. And he’s totally okay with it, which doesn’t really surprise me. Cece’s gorgeous so who wouldn’t want to procreate with her? He can’t wait for their half Indian- half Jewish Mordecai (yes, he’s already thought of baby names) and is already making his “baby mama” mocktails.
5) After his string of one- night-stands with college girls, Nick finally finds a girl who is respectable, polite and super smart. Too bad she’s 18 and only last year shared a bus with Russell’s daughter. If this isn’t a wake-up call to refine your dating technique, I don’t know what is.